JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Just opinions...not pressing or possibly even applicable! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2699248-just-opinions-not-pressing-possibly-even-applicable.html)

ashj_1218 December 20th, 2013 01:11 PM

Just opinions...not pressing or possibly even applicable!

We are probably going to TTC our last child mid-next year and I am putting together my name list. I'd like some opinions on the girl options because I am not leaning any which way specifically. DH is no help at this stage. Lol.

I am fairly certain we will have a third boy. And his name will be Sullivan Mark. Our other boy names are Irish/Gaelic as well. Id like for our girl name to fit nicely with our daughters name (Josephine). which name do you prefer? The middle will be Caroline regardless of first name.

Eliza: sorta classic feeling, with a twist. Seems to be rising in popularity (both Josephine and Eliza are based in Hebrew, having biblical meanings)

Esme: (Es-MAY) Really old school feeling, but did Twilight ruin it? (French origin, meaning "esteemed")

Cicily: (sis-SIL-lee): Love the elegance...but it means 'blind' :-/ (English origin)

Clara: Very old fashioned...too much so? (Origins in Latin, meaning bright)

Quantum_Leap December 20th, 2013 07:13 PM

Re: Just opinions...not pressing or possibly even applicable!

I like Eliza best of your choices and then Cicily second-best. For Esme, I immediately thought "Twilight," and also I don't think that it pairs well with Caroline because Esme is very, very French-sounding, while Caroline sounds more Americanized. Clara is a very cute name, but I'm not a fan of pairings where the first name and middle name start with the same letter. It's too cutesie for me.

Instead of Cicily, have you considered the name Cecilia? They both could shorten to the same nicknames.

Spottts December 21st, 2013 08:26 AM

I like Eliza the best, also. It goes really well with Caroline.

I'm not a fan of names with alliteration so Clara Caroline is out. Cicilly and Esme just don't seem to flow with Caroline.

ducksaresnazzy December 21st, 2013 06:23 PM

honestly.. mabye it's my age showing (18) but when i saw "Esme" i thought of the villain from the emperor's new groove, Ezma. whoops.

anyhoo, my favorite off your list when paired with Caroline would be Clara. i'm in the minority fan club of team cutesie, apparently. i don't think it's too old-fashioned and actually considered it for my daughter's middle name before going with Dianne (her first name is Yvonne.. talk about old-fashioned).

ashj_1218 December 21st, 2013 08:20 PM

Thanks for the help ladies. I don't really love the name Cecilia. I have a negative connotation with that version. And I guess I never much considered that Cicily will probably be shortened to CeCe or something and I don't like that either. Maybe I'll knock that one off the list.

I do love Eliza. My friend named her daughter that, but we are both cool with me using it too. I just hope it's not getting too popular. I made that mistake once. LOL. Aiming for a little less popularity at this stage.

I have never been bothered by alliterative names either. Unless it's sickening sounding. But I do wonder if Clara Caroline is a bit redundant. The names are very similar the more I say them.

Maybe it will be a boy and all this thought will be for nothing. :D

Jlynn December 21st, 2013 10:16 PM

I love Esme and Clara. <3

Irish_Wristwatch December 22nd, 2013 04:01 AM

I like Clara or Eliza with Jo best :)

butterfly721 December 22nd, 2013 09:57 AM

I really like Eliza or Clara.

Momtothe6thpower December 22nd, 2013 06:07 PM

I think that Eliza Caroline is the best fit! It has the best flow and sounds great with Josephine. I like the three others as well but not so much paired with Caroline.

Instead of Cicily...what about Felicity? It means 'happiness'.
I think it could really work as a sister name to Josephine.

mrsjl December 24th, 2013 08:55 AM

I love Clara the most, but with Caroline I have to go with Eliza.

my friend has two little girls, Josephine (Jo) and Henrietta (Etta)

LoverOfCities December 26th, 2013 06:21 AM

My favorite is Clara, so beautiful. BUT, I don't care for Clara Caroline.. it doesn't flow to me and I don't like the first and MN to have same letters.

My second choice is Eliza!

Memi December 30th, 2013 01:46 PM

I really love Eliza and Cecily. With the MN Caroline I think Eliza flows best. :)