JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Heritage (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2700203-heritage.html)

Quantum_Leap December 27th, 2013 10:57 AM

Heritage

What do you think of the name "Heritage"? Would this work better for a boy or for a girl?

ashj_1218 December 27th, 2013 04:44 PM

Re: Heritage

Hmmmm. I think it's pretty out there. Not something I personally like.

I guess maybe girl. I can't imagine any child with that name. But if I had to say, if vote girl. Seems like girls can pull off slightly more "unique" names than boys. Or maybe that is just my perception.

ducksaresnazzy December 27th, 2013 07:03 PM

depends. would you do a nickname?

i could see either, but am leaning towards girl.

Quantum_Leap December 27th, 2013 08:32 PM

A nickname could be the same as for Harriet -- Hettie or Hattie.

My2miracles December 28th, 2013 07:41 AM

I don't care for it for either sex.

neon December 28th, 2013 10:50 AM

I like it as a middle name for a girl.

Spottts December 28th, 2013 11:08 AM

It's not my style but I think girl. They have more of the "different" names. Heritage makes me think of the names Princess or Precious although those are both super girly to me.

ashj_1218 December 28th, 2013 06:22 PM

It's interesting for me. I could like a name like this if it had sentimental meaning. Like a maiden name or the name of the town where the parents met. For some reason, that takes off-the-wall names to a different level. And, somehow, that makes it more likable or meaningful to me. So a little girl named Heritage who is named after her grandmothers maiden name...totally kinda funky and cool. But I admit that when I hear of someone named Apple or Dweezel or Heritage just because the parents thought it was nifty...I gotta say it strikes me as less cute and quirky and more just weird. But I guess that makes me a bit of a judgey person. But I can't stop my thought pattern on that one.

My mom saw the movie "Now you see me" and she fell in LOVE with the name Henley. Like the shirt. She demands we have a child and name her Henley (jokingly). While not totally off the wall for names, in this day and age, I can't get with naming my kid an "object" name without it having any meaning to us. KWIM?

feeling alone December 28th, 2013 06:41 PM

I like it as a middle name

smsturner December 28th, 2013 09:20 PM

Eh. i wouldn't really go for it...

Momtothe6thpower December 29th, 2013 12:19 PM

I agree with with the pp...I can get on board with any name if it has a special meaning but it's hard to just like a random 'out there' name at first.
I think alot of people are that way because I always have to explain the meaning behind Romilly's name before people jump on board with it...and it's a real name!

I think it could go either way. You could use Harry or Henry or a boy and I like Hattie or a girl.

Jessifer January 2nd, 2014 07:30 PM

In Canada, we have these one-minute public advertisements called "Heritage Minutes" which depict important events/people in Canadian history. That is what it reminds me of.