JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Middle Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2703140-middle-names.html)

Jessimaaka January 13th, 2014 12:14 PM

Middle Names

I need some suggestions for middle names!

I have no idea. DH is not good at coming up with suggestions. And we need one for a boy and one for a girl as we are team green!

First name: Adeline (Ah-duh-line) - Initially I wanted to go with Grace which is my confirmation name, but it really is becoming the Lynn, Marie, Anne, etc. of the decade. I also like Mae, but Adeline Mae really sounds like a 95 year old to me :p

First Name: Levi - I like Joshua or John, but think it might sound too biblical?

Accepting any and all suggestions! We are at a loss. Thank you very much ladies!

*DS is Cameron Jacob, our last name starts with a P so we're not a fan of P names, and ends in an "ch" sound, but is always mispronounced as a "k" sound.

smsturner January 13th, 2014 12:50 PM

Re: Middle Names

I love the name Adeline. I like it with Mae, i don't think it sounds old... but you have to like it. How about Joy? Or Jane? Or Pearl?

For a Levi. How about Chase? Or Andrew? Or Scott?

Amanda0313 January 13th, 2014 01:20 PM

Adeline - Ariana / Martha / Leah
Jacob - Leon / Perry / Hunter

ashj_1218 January 13th, 2014 06:41 PM

Adeline Renee
Adeline Johanna
Adeline Mirabelle
Adeline Ruby
Adeline Norah
Adeline Noelle

Levi (gosh, I have always loved this name. Too bad dh said no way :-/)
Levi Christopher
Levi Austin
Levi Johnathan
Levi Alexander
Levi Everett
(But I do think Levi Joshua is really nice and I don't think it sounds too biblical. Levi is still modern, where Joshua is the more classic of those two. I think it's fine)

Jessimaaka January 14th, 2014 05:35 AM

Thank you for all the suggestions!

So I was searching name lists as usual last night and came across Claire/Clare....so we are really liking Adeline Claire right now....I also LOVE Adeline Noelle...my sister who will be the godmother was almost a Noelle so it would almost be a tribute to her but not obvious. Going to have to bring that to DH!

DH wavers on Levi. One day he loves it, the next he second guesses but won't come up with alternatives...I told him he's got 12 weeks lol. I'm glad it doesn't sound too bliblical to someone as I do like saints names for middle names as we baptize, but its not the be all and end all. I love Everett, but its a friend's name so off the table for us, and Alex is our nephew.

Still accepting suggestions :)

neon January 14th, 2014 09:29 AM

I love Grace as a middle name. I wouldn't worry about it becoming too popular, since it's a middle name.