JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Bad initials? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/270799-bad-initials.html)

lukeliv August 3rd, 2006 07:32 PM

Wondering what you ladies think of the initials T.P. as in toilet paper.

Tessa Petrocelli

Will she get made fun of?
Any middle name suggestions?

Thanks,
Dawn

***Andrea August 3rd, 2006 07:48 PM

It wouldn't stop me from using a name I really like. It could be worse...(B.S. or A.S.S. etc.) :confused:

picklesmama August 3rd, 2006 07:49 PM

Hmm, I can't think of any time I have actually used my intials on anyhting - or my kids - nor thought anything of anyone else's - so I would say it's not a big deal.

chlodoll August 3rd, 2006 10:45 PM

I think it will be fine. And if anyone does figure it out TP is pretty harmless!

FamilyShorty August 4th, 2006 05:44 AM

I can think of many instances when I have used my initials and I wouldn't want them to be T.P. That's just my opinion.

Gwen August 4th, 2006 05:58 AM

Although Tessa is one of my favorite names, I'd have to say I wouldn't use it if I were you. Kids can be very cruel. :(

AnnaBananasMom August 4th, 2006 06:28 AM

I say not a big deal at all, especially if you are giving her a middle name. Monograms, for example, usually use the middle initial. Whenever I initial anything, I use my middle initial as well. I don't think that TP is bad enough of initials anyway to really catch on. Even if one mean kid thinks of it, I don't think it'll be funny enough for all the other kids to join in. Tessa is way too beautiful of a name to give up on because of a handful of brats in a small window of time in her life.

babydahl August 4th, 2006 07:46 AM

I don't think it's a big deal at all.

Heather1628 August 4th, 2006 07:54 AM

My initials are HAS :lol:

*Stacey* August 4th, 2006 07:56 AM

It shouldn't be a big deal, I wouldn't worry about it........but if you are, then name her Contessa (or something along those lines), and just refer to her as Tessa KWIM?

suthernWVswthrt August 4th, 2006 12:28 PM

I would never got toilet paper from the initials TP...I don't think it's that big of a deal. When you ever really use your initials anyway?

pumpkinseed August 4th, 2006 01:37 PM

I don't think it's that bad..could be worse. My MIL's initials are B.J. :blink:

ladyellise August 4th, 2006 07:15 PM

I dont think T.P is bad at all, toilet paper never even crossed my mind

beckii August 4th, 2006 08:18 PM

I never even thought of it being toilet paper until I read what you wrote. I was thinking T.P like the tent, not sure on how to spell it. :lol:

I wouldn't even worry about it. I don't think that kids even look at intials that aren't completely obvious (like A.S.S or P.P, etc).