JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Is this name more of a cat/pet name? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2713732-name-more-cat-pet-name.html)

madin1937 March 24th, 2014 11:50 AM

Is this name more of a cat/pet name?

What you think of the name Bagheera/Bagira [Bah-gee-rah] ? Is it "ok" for humans?)))

Irish_Wristwatch March 24th, 2014 04:48 PM

Re: Is this name more of a cat/pet name?

like from the jungle book? Its not something id use for a person but i cant think of a real reason not to use it on person if you like it

Baby3September March 24th, 2014 06:12 PM

I've never heard of the name but it certainly doesn't sound like a dog name to me. It sounds like maybe an Indian inspired name? Definitely a human name, haha.

GalaH0614 March 24th, 2014 10:42 PM

Not for me, sorry.

ashj_1218 March 25th, 2014 10:55 AM

I'm not one to talk, all of our animals have human names. Lol. I think it's a fine name. Not sure if it would be for a boy or girl, which tends to not be my style. But I don't automatically think of a dog or cat when I hear the name. (Or the Jungle Book, although I vaguely remember a character named that).

ImagineOctober March 27th, 2014 05:46 PM

I don't automatically think "pet name," but I do automatically think The Jungle Book. I think it's sorta an odd choice, doesn't sound "pretty" IMHO, if anything, I think it would be ok in the MN spot.

Ava2014 March 29th, 2014 11:20 AM

Not for me, sorry.

madin1937 March 30th, 2014 08:50 AM

Yea, I was watching the jungle book, and remembered how much I liked the Panthers name since I was a kid. But reading the replies,convinced me that it's not the best name for a baby. ��

lizbitz16 April 4th, 2014 08:57 PM

It's definitely unique, it sounds very ethnic and that is how people will hear it. I think you will be getting a lot of questions its background and is it a family name, etc.

palmetto_moon April 8th, 2014 01:09 PM

I would automatically think of the Jungle Book movie but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use it. People use Nala as a name and it's got an association with Lion King. If you love the name...use it.

InaJ0714 April 18th, 2014 02:27 PM

No no no, sorry.

topato April 30th, 2014 08:23 AM

how about shortening it to gira?

Shades of Grey April 30th, 2014 03:54 PM

I do think of a pet because my best friend has a cat by that name. I may be biased because of that, but I dont care for it for a baby.