JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Longer form of Dash? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2715377-longer-form-dash.html)

Shades of Grey April 6th, 2014 06:24 PM

Longer form of Dash?

My hubby doesnt like it, but I think I might. He wants a 2 syllable name. I cant think of any longer form of to suggest other than Dashiell, which I dont like. I like that Dash means of the ash since Im Ashleigh.

palmetto_moon April 8th, 2014 08:35 PM

Re: Longer form of Dash?

I think you might have to be creative if you don't care for Dashiell, which is the only existing one I can think of either. You could just start thinking of commonly used suffixes and see where it takes you...Dashlon

Dashdon

Dashion

Dashby

Dasher (okay so Santa may have already used this one)

Dashler

Dashton

Or maybe find a prefix to put in front of it like Ardash or Cardash or something...yes, I totally made all of this up. Really I think just plain Dash works just fine. I understand what you mean about wanting something longer tho..what if you did Dash as a mn but called him that...like William Dash or Josiah Dash or something like that? IDK if any of this is helpful..just throwing out ideas.

robinerikson April 9th, 2014 06:11 AM

What about Dashmere? :)

futuresinglemommytobe April 9th, 2014 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmetto_moon (Post 28034505)
Or maybe find a prefix to put in front of it like Ardash or Cardash or something...yes, I totally made all of this up. Really I think just plain Dash works just fine. I understand what you mean about wanting something longer tho..what if you did Dash as a mn but called him that...like William Dash or Josiah Dash or something like that? IDK if any of this is helpful..just throwing out ideas.

I second palmetto's idea, use Dash as a middle name and have longer name as first name.

Shades of Grey April 10th, 2014 03:44 PM

Now my husband likes Dash, but no other form of it! So fickle... We will see what he thinks next week! lol

And Im a stickler with names... If we are going to call him Dash, that will be his first name. I dont care for calling them by the middle name.

Baby3September April 13th, 2014 05:40 AM

How about a name that doesn't exactly have Dash in it but that you could make Dash into a NN? Something starting with D and ending with sh and some other letters in the middle?

Shades of Grey April 13th, 2014 10:34 AM

I havent been able to come up with anything. I think it will either be just Dash, or something else all together! lol

InaJ0714 April 18th, 2014 02:24 PM

I like Dash !

michelle_m April 22nd, 2014 07:22 AM

I love Dashiell - that's been my top boy name for years. But if you're not a fan, I think Dash by itself works well.

partyofeleven April 22nd, 2014 04:11 PM

I'm thinking Dash is a great name for a busy little boy. ;) :)

Feel the beat May 12th, 2014 12:39 PM

Dashley?

Valerie123 May 14th, 2014 07:47 PM

Some not listed:Dashwood
Dashawn

Shades of Grey May 15th, 2014 10:22 AM

Right now we are back to 'trying on' Asher. We could use Dash as a nickname, instead of Ash.

mlbsnb May 21st, 2014 05:30 PM

Dawson nn Dash
Dempsey nn Dash
Dexter nn Dash
Dallen nn Dash
Davis nn Dash

adele25 May 24th, 2014 06:38 AM

I like Dash as a nickname for Ashton or Asher. I watched The Incredibles the other day and realized where I had heard it before! I'd go Asher over Dashiel to avoid naming him after a Disney character.

Shades of Grey May 24th, 2014 09:35 AM

My hubby is totally sold on Asher 'Dash' Rudy Jameson. Im working on it still. Asher is more popular than I would like, but we have had it on our list since our first... Im just not sure!