JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Thisaway or thattaway? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/280453-thisaway-thattaway.html)

LaLa August 15th, 2006 07:35 AM

Amelie Azlin

or

Azlin Amelie

Or

Wait till we see her & then decide which she looks more like: an Amelie or an Azlin lol?

And as for Azlin - Azlin, Azlyn, Aslin, or Aslan?

Suggestions?

Lala...

~*kath*~ August 15th, 2006 07:46 AM

I think I would wait and see which one she looked more! gl!

mrsroseblack August 15th, 2006 07:49 AM

To me, I can't even pronounce names like that. I have to read every single letter separate to sound it out.

IMO, it's too hard for people to spell, too hard for a child to commit names like that to memory and frustrating for a person to have to spell every single letter for any appointments they make, anything with his/her name on it, etc. for the rest of his/her life. Too much trouble.

LaLa August 15th, 2006 08:01 AM

What do you find hard to pronounce?

Azlin is just as it looks
Amelie - its a french version of Emily - Emily but with an "O" or "ah" sound at the beginning.

???

Lala...

jello4 August 15th, 2006 08:03 AM

Quote:

To me, I can't even pronounce names like that. I have to read every single letter separate to sound it out.

IMO, it's too hard for people to spell, too hard for a child to commit names like that to memory and frustrating for a person to have to spell every single letter for any appointments they make, anything with his/her name on it, etc. for the rest of his/her life. Too much trouble.[/b]
People are dumb nowadays. They will have you spell things anyway, even if it's a short easy name, because of the "difficult" spellings nowadays.

LaLa August 15th, 2006 08:06 AM

aint that the truth! lol.

My name is a very common name - and nobody spells it right, always asks how to spell it. When we make appointments - I always tell them to spell it HOWEVER they want & however theyll find it easiest when I show up lol.

And to top it off... before I was married, my last name was the same as a famous singers last name. Id show up for appointments, having booked it under *MY* name, and about 50% of the time (OR MORE), it would be under this famous singers name instead (which is NOWHERE close to my name) lol.

My DHs name is John - and he even gets asked how to spell it lol. I figure, when making an appt - it doesnt matter how they spell it lol.

Lala...

Gwen August 15th, 2006 08:18 AM

I like Amelie a lot. And I love the movie "Amelie," too! Have you seen it?

LaLa August 15th, 2006 08:21 AM

One of my favorite movies!

My DH saw it after throwing a tantrum about how he absolutely would NOT like it, hated foreign films, etc. It was the 2nd or 3rd time I saw it, so I ended up falling asleep. Woke up and he was GLUED to the TV lol. Hes a huge fan of the movie (and the girl lol) now. And HE was actually the one to come up with the idea to use it as a name ;)
Men, theyre so wierd! lol

Lala...

Blondie6836 August 15th, 2006 08:23 AM

I like Amelie alot (although pp was right it will get mispronounced) I'm really not too fond of Azlin...I think there is just too much potential for teasing there, but if you like it I would definately use it in the middle name spot

Gwen August 15th, 2006 08:25 AM

Yeah, it's one of my DH's fave movies too! I would consider the name myself if we have a girl but I can't because I have to stay away from "A" names because her last two initials will be "S. S." if you catch my drift! :blush:

MamaBx3 August 15th, 2006 08:50 AM

Azlin Amelie

suthernWVswthrt August 15th, 2006 05:20 PM

I personally don't like either name...but prefer it Amelie Azlin...prefer it spelled Azlan.

.Becky. August 15th, 2006 06:12 PM

Azlin Amelie!

::er!ca:: August 15th, 2006 07:08 PM

I think I prefer the spelling Azlyn/Azlynn. I like Azlyn better as the first name. Good luck!!

carlyheartsphil August 15th, 2006 08:05 PM

I like Azlynn Amelie, but either way sounds good so I think you should wait till you see her :smile:

jayjay August 15th, 2006 11:04 PM

Amelie Azlin!!

chlodoll August 15th, 2006 11:07 PM

i love the name Amelie! DH hates it :( So I would def make that the first name!

nbbang August 15th, 2006 11:15 PM

Amelie Azlan sounds best to me.

I love the name Amelie; don't really care for Azlan much. I do like Aislynn.

*PurpleMidnight* August 16th, 2006 01:22 AM

I like:
Amelie Azlin

FamilyShorty August 16th, 2006 06:16 AM

Neither are my style but I prefer Amelie over Azlin. I honestly wouldn't know how to pronounce it though.