JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Harley... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/286163-harley.html)

~*kath*~ August 21st, 2006 09:14 AM

I just got a puppy last week and I named him Harley, my best friend came over and was outraged (not for serious) because she wanted to name her future daughter that,, now she can't haha

WDYT?

babydahl August 21st, 2006 09:25 AM

You saved your best friend's future daughter! You should automatically get to be the future godmom for that!

I don't like it AT ALL for a little girl. For a dog it's good. And I want to see Harley pics.

rollopodio August 21st, 2006 09:34 AM

i think it is really cute on a little girl. i cant imagine it ever being a boys name because i have only heard it as a girls name. we actually have this name on our list. there are alot of spellings too that make it look more feminine.

Harly
Harlie
Harlee
Harli

Ms-Kitty August 21st, 2006 09:38 AM

My little 9yo niece is named Harley. I don't care much for the name, but I'd never tell her that. The biggest problem with naming a child "Harley" is that she *will* be innundated with stuff from Harley Davidson and Harley-Quinn (from Batman). Family members, classmates, and every new person she meets will get her something from Harley Davidson or Batman for every gift-giving occasion. She will have every single Harley Davidson Barbie, and multiple copies of the Harley-Quinn Barbie. She *will* despise motorcycles and Batman.

And yes, her father *did* name her for the motorcycles. Her younger brother's middle name is Davidson (her mother *refused* to have it as a first name).
~~Amanda

carlyheartsphil August 21st, 2006 09:47 AM

i don't like the name that much, the only girl I know with the name is kinda trashy :confused:

~Danielle~ August 21st, 2006 09:49 AM

I have a nephew named Harley and I dont like it at all, but it fits my brothers family because they are all into motorcycles.

Blondie6836 August 21st, 2006 10:05 AM

I think you did your friend a HUGE favor and she doens't even know it ;)

Gwen August 21st, 2006 10:13 AM

Cute for a puppy, not for a little girl!

FamilyShorty August 21st, 2006 11:14 AM

I like it as a dogs name but not a childs.

ladyellise August 21st, 2006 11:48 AM

I dislike this name, it's cute for a dog tho

::er!ca:: August 21st, 2006 12:46 PM

LOL my dog's name is Harley too!!! However, my dog is a female. I think the name fits my dog perfectly.... and I can see it on children too (either gender)... but I wouldn't ever name one of my kids this name, even if I didn't have a dog with the name. There is also a little girl in our playroom with this name.

picklesmama August 21st, 2006 01:20 PM

If you are a Harley cycle fan, then this makes a good name for a boy or a dog, but definitiely not a girl in my book! Good job name-blocking :)

Krista August 21st, 2006 01:21 PM

It really doesn't bother me for a girl's name....however, I would never use it.

suthernWVswthrt August 21st, 2006 03:27 PM

I don't like this name...I guess I could see it on either boy or girl.

~*kath*~ August 21st, 2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

If you are a Harley cycle fan, then this makes a good name for a boy or a dog, but definitiely not a girl in my book! Good job name-blocking :)[/b]
haha I like that term,, maybe we should do that to all of our friends who are thinking of ridiculous names for their children,, just name your pet that name to turn them off!

gee102 August 21st, 2006 08:03 PM

I don't like Harley on either boy or girl. It's a good pet name :)