JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Need some help ladies! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/448382-need-some-help-ladies.html)

short_n_swt January 30th, 2007 06:35 PM

We chose the name Haylee Claudette Rayne ***** for our daughter (due in May). But we had some rude comments from people about the name Rayne so we decided to opt it out. But I can't find anything I really like to put in the middle there. Maybe Haylee Olivia Claudette? Claudette is a family name so it has to be in there but I wanted something else in there, any ideas ladies?

Acadia January 30th, 2007 08:42 PM

Hmmm ... what did they say about it that was rude? That's not nice at all especially since you were saying it was already chosen. :(

Here are some more that I like as middle names, that are one syllable (like Rayne):

Belle
Bliss
Blythe
Brie
Brynn
Elle
Eve
Fawn
Fern

I think Haylee Claudette Fern sounds nice. There are some others in there that are good too but that's my favorite of them with Haylee Claudette.

If you want Haylee ------ Claudette instead of the other way around I think you do need three + syllables to break it up (another two is monotonous, but I don't like the flow of just one). So here are some of those.

Amari
Anais
Damaris
Eleni
Eliane
Felicity
Gabrielle
Imani
Julianne
Marielle
Mercedes
Naomi
Rosemarie
Vivian
Amina
Amira
Eliza
Fiona
Geneva
Isabella
Juliana
Katrina
Marissa
Melina
Samara
Sophia
Vanessa

I think my favorite of those would be Haylee Fiona Claudette. Or maybe Geneva. I can't decide between those two.

Hope that helps. It's always hard when your mind's made up but then it has to change!

suthernWVswthrt January 31st, 2007 05:36 AM

I LOVE the name Rayne...prefer it spelled Raine. We almost used this as Meredith's middle name. I also really like the name Haylee...prefer it spelled Hailey. Not fond of Claudette.

Here's some suggestions:

Haylee Marissa Claudette
Haylee Ava Claudette
Haylee Mallory Claudette
Haylee Shania Claudette
Haylee Christa Claudette
Haylee Ingrid Claudette
Haylee Adeline Claudette
Haylee Vivian Claudette
Haylee Galilea Claudette
Haylee Mary Claudette
Haylee Adrienne Claudette
Haylee Jessica Claudette
Haylee Leah Claudette
Haylee Melanie Claudette
Haylee Teagan Claudette
Haylee Mackenzie Claudette
Haylee Olivia Claudette
Haylee Martha Claudette
Haylee Claire Claudette
Haylee Juliana Claudette
Haylee Georgia Claudette

Haylee Claudette Rachel
Haylee Claudette Cadence
Haylee Claudette Melanie
Haylee Claudette Chloe
Haylee Claudette Raquel
Haylee Claudette Jennifer
Haylee Claudette Abigail
Haylee Claudette Nikki
Haylee Claudette Skye
Haylee Claudette Savannah
Haylee Claudette Mira
Haylee Claudette Diana
Haylee Claudette Joselyn
Haylee Claudette Tracy
Haylee Claudette Phoebe
Haylee Claudette Theresa
Haylee Claudette Kylie
Haylee Claudette Tyra
Haylee Claudette Avery
Haylee Claudette Linda

short_n_swt January 31st, 2007 06:30 AM

Thanks for your help ladies!I have some decision making to do and quick for the invitations to the baby shower. Im not a fan of Claudette either...but it has to be in there out of respect to my relitives and my father. And at the IL's family dinner they had asked what the name of the baby was AGAIN, and DH said Haylee, and SIL's fiance was like yeah isn't it like Rain forest or rainfall or something? They all have basic names, like Sarah, Jeff, Chris, John etc, nothing rythmatic or....what's the word Im looking for? LOL, anyways, it bothered the crap out of me that they were making fun of her name and she wasn't even born. So for her sake and to save her from humiliation when she gets older I don't want to put it in there.

Acadia January 31st, 2007 07:47 AM

Quote:

Thanks for your help ladies!I have some decision making to do and quick for the invitations to the baby shower. Im not a fan of Claudette either...but it has to be in there out of respect to my relitives and my father. And at the IL's family dinner they had asked what the name of the baby was AGAIN, and DH said Haylee, and SIL's fiance was like yeah isn't it like Rain forest or rainfall or something? They all have basic names, like Sarah, Jeff, Chris, John etc, nothing rythmatic or....what's the word Im looking for? LOL, anyways, it bothered the crap out of me that they were making fun of her name and she wasn't even born. So for her sake and to save her from humiliation when she gets older I don't want to put it in there.[/b]
Well, if that's what they're used to I think Fern, Sophia, Julianne, Isabella, Vanessa, etc are good choices.

Maybe they'd like Haylee Sophia Claudette? It's not that much like Rayne (not even really the same style) but it's a "normal" name and the flow is very nice.

::er!ca:: January 31st, 2007 08:02 AM

Honestly, if you love Rayne you should still use it. You should use a name you love and not worry about other people's rude comments. Plus, it is the 2nd middle name and the name wouldn't be used very often, if at all.

MamaBx3 January 31st, 2007 08:53 AM

:( I'm sorry that people gave you a hard time !
I personally love the name Rayne ! I think you should use it if you both love it , who cares what people say !

Haylee Olivia Claudette is gorgeous ! It flows so nicely and is so pretty ! If I were you , I would use that ! I think it's beautiful :wub:

Jeb-O January 31st, 2007 03:31 PM

Haylee Claudette Rayne
I like it the way it is.. very beautiful!!! If you really feel that the family can't be grown up and must tease a newborn, what if you shorten it to Rae?

TanyaD February 1st, 2007 07:58 AM

I wouldn't dare change the name that YOU love for the fact that some rude people couldn't keep their mouth shut....If you love this name then use it....It has a nice, flowing sound....USE IT! :lol: :cheer:

bebe-v-j February 1st, 2007 10:58 AM

I love it with the Olivia but if Rayne is what you had your heart set on then stick to it! Other people had their chance to name kids now it's yours & you should chose what you love. Otherwise you might regret having listened to other peoples opinions instead of going with what you wanted.