JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Alexander nn... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/449145-alexander-nn.html)

Hey There January 31st, 2007 11:00 AM

Dax

I have a friend that is excpecting a son and really wants his name to be Dax. Her husband says it's fine to call him that but wants to give him a 'more respectable' first name. So far, the only name they can come up with that even has all the letters is Alexander but they realize that it's a stretch.

What do you guys think? Even if you don't like the name Dax, any ideas for a different first name? Thanks!

Katzchen January 31st, 2007 11:16 AM

Daxter would be a good long form.

Acadia January 31st, 2007 11:58 AM

Dax is a real name ... it's French. There's an ancient town in southwestern France by the same name and it's also used for babies.

Anyway, there's Daxton. That's a variant of it.

I found a listing for the name Daxin on a name site. It seems to be coined so I guess you could spell it just about any way you wanted to.

So (with all the spelling variations) there are:

Dax
Daxtan
Daxten
Daxtin
Daxton
Daxtyn
Daxan
Daxen
Daxin
Daxon
Daxyn

Or you could substitute KS or CS for X in any of those and just let his nn be spelled differently. Dakstyn, etc. Lots of opportunity for creative spelling if that's what she likes.

There's also the Indian name Dakshesh. The sound is there.

suthernWVswthrt January 31st, 2007 03:06 PM

I don't like Dax at all...and I really don't see the connection between that and Alexander.

I think Daxton or Daxson is a better choice.

Jeb-O January 31st, 2007 03:33 PM

Daxson is super cute!

meanboys January 31st, 2007 08:12 PM

Dax could easily be a nn for a name like Dakota or a full name like Devin Alexander or David Alexander or even David Axel. That makes more sense for "Dax" than simply Alexander...I don't get that connection.

LovinMyLilFamily February 1st, 2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Dax could easily be a nn for a full name like Devin Alexander or David Alexander or even David Axel.[/b]
That's a really good idea!

bebe-v-j February 1st, 2007 11:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Dax could easily be a nn for a full name like Devin Alexander or David Alexander or even David Axel.[/b]
That's a really good idea!
[/b]
:ditto:

The first full name that popped into my head was Daxton! But I much prefer this idea :smile:

Hey There February 1st, 2007 05:25 PM

Thanks everyone! Great ideasand I'll be sure to pass them along. I think they'll love the David Axel and Devin Alexander. They are definitely not kre8tive spellers and her husband wants something more traditional/substantial than just Dax (hence their far reach of using Alexander). They'll appreciate all your suggestions. Nice Work.

bebe-v-j February 1st, 2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

Thanks everyone! Great ideasand I'll be sure to pass them along. I think they'll love the David Axel and Devin Alexander. They are definitely not kre8tive spellers and her husband wants something more traditional/substantial than just Dax (hence their far reach of using Alexander). They'll appreciate all your suggestions. Nice Work.[/b]

Tell us their final decision! :D