JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Leilani? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/451176-leilani.html)

*PurpleMidnight* February 1st, 2007 07:27 PM

what are your thoughts on leilani (lay-lar-nee) for a girl?

suthernWVswthrt February 1st, 2007 07:30 PM

I don't like it at all!!

bebe-v-j February 1st, 2007 07:55 PM

If pronounced Lay-lawn-E then I think it's cute ... a bit of a tongue twister though.

MamaBx3 February 1st, 2007 08:08 PM

I say LAY-LAWN-EE .

I don't know where you're getting the "r" from .

I like it .

Elysia February 1st, 2007 08:21 PM

I think its cute...though if you can say it 10 times fast you'd be a very gifted person LOL :P I'd prn it Lay-lah-nee

meanboys February 1st, 2007 09:31 PM

I think it's pretty but this makes me immediately think of Hawaii so unless there was something meaningful to you about Hawaii or you have that lineage in your family, I find it to be a little awkward. I'd go with Leyla, Leila, Lani, Layla or Lorelei as a more mainstream version.

*PurpleMidnight* February 1st, 2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

I think it's pretty but this makes me immediately think of Hawaii so unless there was something meaningful to you about Hawaii or you have that lineage in your family, I find it to be a little awkward. I'd go with Leyla, Leila, Lani, Layla or Lorelei as a more mainstream version.[/b]
Im from New Zealand so dont think of it as Hawain but Island like (samoa etc)

SchwarzeWitwe February 1st, 2007 11:43 PM

Showing my geekdom, but in the recent Star Trek books, this was the woman who finally got Captain Kirk to settle down with a wife.

It's gorgeous, but too big for a young child. Do you have a handy nickname?

Evvy February 2nd, 2007 03:38 PM

I have a friend whose little girl (who is beautiful!) is Leilani. Her nn is Lani. And they say lay-lah-nee

ImustBeNuts06 February 2nd, 2007 04:24 PM

I think it is beautiful and perfect for a little girl as well as grown woman. I thought about it when I was pregnant in the past. We were going to use Leila, but then had a little boy.

~Danielle~ February 2nd, 2007 04:53 PM

I dont like it at all.

elliebean February 2nd, 2007 08:14 PM

i don't like the way this name sounds. i think it's the "lani" part of the name. i don't really like any spellings for this name either.

maymay February 2nd, 2007 08:18 PM

It reminds me of Hawaii, so it's absoultely beautiful...i love the way it rolls off the tongue! :wub:

MommytoOliviaandCole February 3rd, 2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

It reminds me of Hawaii, so it's absoultely beautiful...i love the way it rolls off the tongue! :wub:[/b]
I agree!

Mia&Mattea'sMom February 3rd, 2007 10:37 AM

I like it