JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   This is not a joke.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/458127-not-joke.html)

Lash February 7th, 2007 08:52 AM

What would you say if you had an acquaintance tell you that she is having a boy and naming it

Chaos

She and the dad are really on the outs and fighting alot, and this woman has truly been through the wringer in her life... but to name her child this?

WDYT of this one?

MamaBx3 February 7th, 2007 09:28 AM

I don't like it ...

**Jenn** February 7th, 2007 09:36 AM

I am at a loss for words...

Mia&Mattea'sMom February 7th, 2007 09:44 AM

I don't like it either

Lash February 7th, 2007 09:45 AM

i was at a loss for words.. i mean her life is in chaos.. but to name your child that?

and no nicknames....

djr February 7th, 2007 10:28 AM

POOR CHILD!!!!!!!!!!

bebe-v-j February 7th, 2007 10:49 AM

I would say that she clearly isn't thinking! It makes it sound like the baby is unwanted to name it such a conflicting word ... I know it's her & her SO's choice on what they name the child but that is just a little too out there.

Christababe85 February 7th, 2007 10:58 AM

Wow :blink:

jayjay February 7th, 2007 11:23 AM

how unfortunate :(

*Ade* February 7th, 2007 11:32 AM

Quote:

I would say that she clearly isn't thinking! It makes it sound like the baby is unwanted to name it such a conflicting word ... I know it's her & her SO's choice on what they name the child but that is just a little too out there.[/b]
My thoughts exaclty!

I met someone whos little boy is named Pain-when she told me I actually got mad, why would you name your child that?!

SchwarzeWitwe February 7th, 2007 12:06 PM

Can you try and talk her out of it? That's just awful.

Melanie. February 7th, 2007 12:58 PM

Think of it this way, when he's older and becomes a rockstar, he won't have to change his name.

I'll be the odd one out and say I kinda like.
One of my favorite rockers of all time's stage lastname is Havok. :music:
Atleast his will be spelled correctly.

What is she giving him as a middle name? Nothing like Chaos Bob, I hope.
If I was going to do this, I'd give them an awesome first name and make Chaos his middle.
Then, all he has to do is drop his lastname.

::er!ca:: February 7th, 2007 01:10 PM

Oh I don't like that at all...........

Lash February 7th, 2007 01:16 PM

she says that she has the right to name him whatever she wants.. she's actually been thinking about it for a while.. and she says she's going through the pain of life, of giving birth, she should name him whatever and people need to back off

i'll suggest the middle name idea!!!

elliebean February 7th, 2007 03:11 PM

i honestly don't think it's that terrible. i definitely wouldn't even consider using it, but it's not the worst i've heard. i live in the town of crazies and that nowhere near tops some of the names i've heard.

suthernWVswthrt February 7th, 2007 03:46 PM

I don't think it's that bad...I kind of like it.

SchwarzeWitwe February 7th, 2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

she says that she has the right to name him whatever she wants.. she's actually been thinking about it for a while.. and she says she's going through the pain of life, of giving birth, she should name him whatever and people need to back off

i'll suggest the middle name idea!!![/b]
If she's taking that approach, tell her to rename herself Chaos for a week and see how well it works. It's really not a meaning you want to name your kid after.

Acadia February 7th, 2007 05:51 PM

Well ... first I thought "Why the heck would she name a kid Chaos?"

But being the person I am, I also thought about how in Greek mythology Chaos is the void that the first gods appeared out of.

So now that I think about it, it doesn't seem any weirder than Nevaeh or Angel or any biblical or "religious" name. It just happens to be from a non-Christian religion. The idea is the same. And I do appreciate that it's spelled correctly.

SchwarzeWitwe February 7th, 2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Well ... first I thought "Why the heck would she name a kid Chaos?"

But being the person I am, I also thought about how in Greek mythology Chaos is the void that the first gods appeared out of.

So now that I think about it, it doesn't seem any weirder than Nevaeh or Angel or any biblical or "religious" name. It just happens to be from a non-Christian religion. The idea is the same. And I do appreciate that it's spelled correctly.[/b]
And I like Greek mythology, too. And it has nothing to do with Christianity or anything.

Merriam Webster sez:
1 obsolete : chasm, abyss
2 a) often capitalized : a state of things in which chance is supreme; especially : the confused unorganized state of primordial matter before the creation of distinct forms compare cosmos b: the inherent unpredictability in the behavior of a complex natural system (as the atmosphere, boiling water, or the beating heart)3 a: a state of utter confusion <the blackout caused chaos throughout the city> B) a confused mass or mixture <a chaos of television antennas>

Lash February 7th, 2007 06:35 PM

but she's not doing it for any meaning, other than she has a crazy life, and tons of crazy guys in and out of her life, and she says her whole life is chaos so he should just get prepared for that... his name will teach him that or whatever... its not some greek type mythology or meaningful type of thing