JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Scrapped and Redone ... Opinions please <3 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/465953-scrapped-and-redone-opinions-please-3-a.html)

gothic February 13th, 2007 05:24 PM

Okay so we've basically scrapped every name we've ever considered before and gone for a more practical than fictional approach. I will post our top 5 combo contenders for each gender. Could you all please pick which 1 you like most for each gender or give opinions on the combo's? Thankyou xx

Girls:

Holly Athena 'Leah'
Ivy Gabrielle 'Ella'
Saffron Hera 'Savvy'
Willow Natasha 'Tasha'
Farrah Alexandria 'Sascha'

Boys:

Lucian Gregory 'Luke'
Julian Caleb 'Liam'
Benjamin Ares 'Ben'
John Michael [Lots of meaning to this one but I find it plain, SO refuses to swap them around] 'Mike'
Silas Matthias 'Matty'

Much appreciated xx

homemakermommy February 13th, 2007 05:31 PM

for the girls I like Holly Athena first and Ivy Gabrielle second but I like the nn you plan to use for Ivy better than for Holly

same with the boys :lol:
I like Julian Caleb first and Lucian Gregory second but I like the nn you plan to use for Lucian better than for Julian.

I actually like all the name combinations except John Michael and the only reason that one is NMS is because I like more origional names.

Niamh ૐ February 13th, 2007 05:31 PM

Gosh this is hard! I really like all your girl names... I dont know if I could pick a favorite. I love both Holly and Athena, but not together. Ivy Gabrielle isnt a fave of mine. LOVE Saffron Hera. Love Willow, but dont like Natasha. Love Farrah, but not Alexandria...

So by process of elimination... Saffron Hera (with Holly Athen as a close second).

Boys...
I actually only like two of them... Lucian Gregory and Silas Matthias. If I had to pick between the two, I'd say Lucian Gregory. The other one is a little too rhymey for me.

Hope I helped!

Katzchen February 13th, 2007 05:32 PM

Julian Caleb and Ivy Gabrielle

Acadia February 13th, 2007 06:58 PM

Ivy Gabrielle and Lucian Gregory

I like Julian and Caleb as well, but I would like it better reversed ... Caleb Julian.

nbbang February 13th, 2007 07:35 PM

I am a little confused if you plan to call the baby by the name in quotes? That's what I am assuming the quotes mean, hope that is right. My favorite girl combo is Holly Athena (though I don't like the nickname Leah since I like both Holly and Athena better than Leah, plus I don't see how Leah is derived from those 2 names). Favorite boy combo is Lucian Gregory and I do like the nickname Luke.

suthernWVswthrt February 13th, 2007 09:52 PM

I like:

Holly (Hollie)
Ella
Sascha (Sasha)

Benjamin :wub:
Ben
Michael
:wub:

Kellyf0506 February 13th, 2007 10:24 PM

Holly Athena 'Leah' and Julian Caleb 'Liam'

*kyle* February 13th, 2007 11:19 PM

My two equal favorites of the girls are Ivy Gabrielle and Willow Natasha, though I would just call her Ivy or Willow because those are really, really cute names!

My favorite of the boys is Benjamin Ares. Benjamin/Ben is such a great classic name.

SchwarzeWitwe February 14th, 2007 01:44 AM

I really like them. I don't like Silas Matthias, however, as they rhyme (unless you use the German pronunciation of Matthias).

alieygater February 14th, 2007 03:33 AM

Willow Natasha 'Tasha'
John Michael

Laci February 14th, 2007 09:53 AM

I'd say my favourite is Holly Athena...all lovely names though!
I'd say my fave is Lucian Gregory 'Luke'.

Holly + Lucian xx

jayjay February 14th, 2007 12:37 PM

Out of those, I only like Alexandria, Julian, and Benjamin :P