JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Morgan/Morgana/Morgaine (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/488067-morgan-morgana-morgaine.html)

irishxrose March 3rd, 2007 08:13 AM

Which do you prefer?

I prefer Morgaine... gotta love Mists of Avalon. :D

::er!ca:: March 3rd, 2007 08:26 AM

I like Morgan the best.

MommytoOliviaandCole March 3rd, 2007 01:19 PM

Morgan

*PurpleMidnight* March 3rd, 2007 03:25 PM

i like morgan the best

Elysia March 3rd, 2007 04:08 PM

Morgan or Morgana, love the arthurian names :D

hanahuna March 4th, 2007 12:49 AM

I think I like Morgan the best

gee102 March 4th, 2007 01:25 PM

Morgan

Mia&Mattea'sMom March 4th, 2007 03:06 PM

Morgan (its my sisters name)

BrookeN March 4th, 2007 05:04 PM

Morgan gets my vote! It was on our list of girls names.

SchwarzeWitwe March 4th, 2007 11:38 PM

For a girl? Morgana.

Niamh ૐ March 5th, 2007 12:20 PM

My second daughter will be named Morgaine. From the book The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley.

Morgaine Faelynn (a play off of Morgan LaFaye).

Melanie. March 5th, 2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Morgaine Faelynn.[/b]
I have a question about Fae/Fay/Faye. I love that it means fairy, love it. Love fairies.
But I dislike the sound of it and it doesn't appeal to me as a whole name but I had an aunt named Faye, who passed away from cancer recently and it would be nice to use it.
Which spelling should I use? Could I find a more suitable variant??

I love Morgana, it's actually a painting by Amy Brown and I love her. (She's a fairy! Aw.)

Niamh ૐ March 5th, 2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Morgaine Faelynn.[/b]
I have a question about Fae/Fay/Faye. I love that it means fairy, love it. Love fairies.
But I dislike the sound of it and it doesn't appeal to me as a whole name but I had an aunt named Faye, who passed away from cancer recently and it would be nice to use it.
Which spelling should I use? Could I find a more suitable variant??

I love Morgana, it's actually a painting by Amy Brown and I love her. (She's a fairy! Aw.)
[/b]
Morgan of the faeries :wub:

Well I had actually made up Faelynn... then later saw a varient of it at babynames.com: Faylinn: http://www.babynames.com/Names/name_display.php?id=1315 There it says it means "Graceful Woman"... but I've also seen it elsewhere with the meaning "Fairy Kingdom". *shrugs* I thought I made it up, lol.

I'm sure you could find a varient. Personally I like the spelling Fae... but thats because of the way I spell faery.

msd128 March 5th, 2007 04:54 PM

Morgan. My DH loves that name for a girl.

Gretter2002 March 5th, 2007 05:06 PM

my daughters name is Morgan, I love it!

x.xJOANNEx.x March 6th, 2007 09:01 AM

NMS but i think its better spelt Morgan !

Lash March 6th, 2007 01:04 PM

morgaine... mists of avalon for me too!
you could spell morgayne or morgane as well if you really wanted, but i like the original

Motherbird March 6th, 2007 01:53 PM

I think Morgaine or Morgana are cute (don't care for Morgan) but they're both a little too stereotypical to me. You know, all the little witchlings named Morgaine, I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Xtine March 6th, 2007 01:54 PM

I don't like the name Morgan. Morgaine is a bit odd to me. But I think Morgana is interesting!

emiss March 6th, 2007 02:27 PM

I teach British Literature, so I spend a lot of time with Morgan la Fay, and while I love the name, it's hard for me to get beyond the fact that in most versions of the Arthurian legend, she sleeps with her brother and spends most of her life being manipulative and mean. Still, I like the name. (Oh, and in the traditional Arthurian legend, Fay means "fate".)