JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Campbell Elizabeth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/615773-campbell-elizabeth.html)

mlbsnb June 19th, 2007 07:06 PM

This was another name from my list when i was pg with my last son. I still like it! I know many people strongly dislike it - but it still appeals to me! I am a Today Show fan and that is what first turned me on to it (Campbell Brown). We also like the nn Belle. :)

Julka June 19th, 2007 07:19 PM

Erm, no, Campbell really is not my style, because

a) it's a lastname.
B) it's not girly whatsoever. A boy I could accept, but a girl..?

SadieBug June 19th, 2007 07:23 PM

I like it...its different and belle (Campbelle?) is very cute! I like it paired with Elizabeth to make it more feminine.

mlbsnb June 19th, 2007 07:31 PM

I really like some surnames! I think it takes a certain kind of girl to pull it off and a chlid of mine could! lol
We have Cooper and Grayson on our boy's name list and they are both surnames. :)

Melanie. June 19th, 2007 09:09 PM

Campbell, obviously, makes me think of soup.
I really don't like it and I think she would be teased a lot.

Bre+Will=Reid June 19th, 2007 10:32 PM

Quote:

I really like some surnames! I think it takes a certain kind of girl to pull it off and a chlid of mine could! lol[/b]
Ditto!! :lol: I feel the exact same way about the "spunky" names that I like.

I've always loved Campbell Brown's name. I think it's a great name!

Miracle June 19th, 2007 10:44 PM

I do like boy names for girls sometimes, but with this one.. I just think of the soup...

Elysia June 20th, 2007 12:53 AM

I just can't see this on a girl at all...sorry...

Jessuh June 20th, 2007 03:36 AM

One of my friends has a daughter named Campbell and I absolutely adore it. I think it is good to pair it with a feminine mn like Elizabeth. I really like it!

Katherine Sarah June 20th, 2007 04:30 AM

NMSAA. Reminds me of Campbells Meatballs which had me vomitting in the toilet for hours, so yeah, i feel somewhat negative towards the name lol. It wouldnt be too bad on a boy.

LileighBelle June 20th, 2007 04:45 AM

I think of soup as well. I love Belle though!!

Julka June 20th, 2007 05:39 AM

Quote:

NMSAA. Reminds me of Campbells Meatballs which had me vomitting in the toilet for hours, so yeah, i feel somewhat negative towards the name lol. It wouldnt be too bad on a boy.[/b]
lmao!

Acadia June 20th, 2007 06:22 AM

Even if you call her Belle, that will be useless when her teacher calls roll. From that point on she'll hear nothing but Campbell's Soup teasing whenever any other kid is mad at her or just feels like being a bully.

The soup association is so strong for me that I don't think of it as a surname. I would "fit" it with brand names instead of other surnames, like Oscar Mayer or Charmin.

It is spunky and the nn Belle is cute (if overused) ... I will give you that. ;) It's not a horrible name if you're looking to use a surname. I just would not pick one that's also a hugely popular brand name.

AnnD June 20th, 2007 07:36 AM

I just can't see it on a girl! Sorry!

Jaidynsmum June 20th, 2007 01:13 PM

Can't see it as a girls name as I had an Uncle Campbell!!

jayjay June 20th, 2007 01:16 PM

I think it's REALLY cute for a little girl! :D