JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Please give me your opinions on our baby boy name shortlist (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/625806-please-give-me-your-opinions-our-baby-boy-name-shortlist.html)

shortlette June 28th, 2007 07:52 AM

We're thinking that we'll make the final decision when we meet him, but I'm interested in hearing what others think.

Thanks in anticipation :smile:

AnnD June 28th, 2007 08:52 AM

I voted for Alexander Jack. I love the idea of having Jack (which can be used as a NN in some cases) as a MN! My second choice would be Nicolaas Alexander but, to me, Bryn is very feminine.

Becta1206 June 28th, 2007 09:14 AM

I voted for Nicolaas Alexander because it sounds like a strong name.

Miracle June 28th, 2007 12:31 PM

I voted for Nicolaas, even though I prefer the normal spelling. Nicolaas looks like a typo to me.

Resi June 28th, 2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

I voted for Nicolaas, even though I prefer the normal spelling. Nicolaas looks like a typo to me.[/b]
ITA!

shortlette June 28th, 2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I voted for Nicolaas, even though I prefer the normal spelling. Nicolaas looks like a typo to me.[/b]
ITA!
[/b]
Thanks for the feedback so far - I was wondering about the spelling too - the thing is, we're living in Holland at the moment, and I thought that spelling it the "Dutch" way would be a nice reference to the fact that he was born here.

RahRah June 28th, 2007 01:41 PM

I voted Alexander Jack, but I like that Nicolaas is a tribute to the fact that he's born in Holland

Melanie. June 28th, 2007 10:35 PM

I love Alexander Jack.
Nicolaas is also nice. You may regret spelling it that way if you ever do return to your native country. So, I'd consider moving Nicolaas to the middle name and using Alexander as the first.

JMO.

*PurpleMidnight* June 29th, 2007 12:33 AM

Alexander

KTeacher July 2nd, 2007 07:32 AM

I voted for Nicolaas Alexander, it is a very masculine name. I like the idea of honoring his birthplace, though I do agree it may pose some spelling issues later (coming from a teacher, I try to look at this aspect carefully!).

SadieBug July 2nd, 2007 08:52 AM

I chose Alexander Jack :wub: I think it's a great name! My nephew's name is Nicholas and everyone calls him Nick, which I am not a fan of (I call him Nicholas)!!!!

njkatc July 2nd, 2007 09:28 AM

I voted Alexander Jack!!!! I love Jack, but with our last name can't find anything that goes for a middle name that I love. We've got Alexander James on our list, but it may depend on when we meet him whether or not that becomes his name!

MommytoOliviaandCole July 2nd, 2007 11:23 AM

Alexander Jack

hopefulmommy84 July 2nd, 2007 02:52 PM

I voted for Bryn Jackson Dunning