JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   What do ya'll think? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/66618-what-do-ya-ll-think.html)

toothfairy August 25th, 2005 03:53 PM

I am having my first child, due date 3-18-06. My married name is Adamson

If it is a girl I want to name her Alisa Ann....my name is Alison and my older sister's is Alicia...my role model/mentor is Lisa....so I like the spelling Alisa (pronounced Alyssa)
My mother's middle name is Ann and my middle name is Annette.

If I have a boy I would like to name him Mitchell Wayne....my maiden name is Mitchell.....my dad's middle name is Wayne and my hubby's middle name is also Wayne.

What do ya'll think about these names...honestly?

Thanks,
Alison

djs61111 August 25th, 2005 04:09 PM

I love Alisa, it is so pretty and I really like the spelling. I am not a big fan of the name Mitchell.

mom2LyricStoryLegend August 25th, 2005 06:20 PM

Mitchell is okay it is just not my type of name.

Alisa I really like but I think people might mispronounce it a lot and call her A-lisa. Maybe you could spell it Alissa?

dansgirl August 25th, 2005 06:29 PM

I love the name Alyssa~ I think people might think your spelling is pronounced A-Lisa as well though. The suggestion of Alissa is cute. I love how you incorporated family names. I had a friend named Mitchell, and everyone just called him Mitch, is that you plan as well? I think Mitch/Mitchell is a good strong boy's name.

*Ade* August 25th, 2005 08:27 PM

Alisa Ann is cute, but I agree that you should spell it Alissa-otherwise its a super name with a lot of meaning to you. For a boy, I love Mitchell and Wayne sounds good and again would have a lot of meaning. Nice choices!

Jinxcat August 25th, 2005 08:35 PM

Oh, I cannot dig the name Wayne at all. Sorry.

Kaleb's Mom 04 August 26th, 2005 06:34 AM

I like them but like others mentioned you will have alot of trouble with Alisa being pronounced A - Lisa! Instead of Alyssa! I agree a good choice is Alissa! Have you considered her initials will be AAA. Like the car thing Triple A! Just want to make sure you realized. But I love your names.

toothfairy August 26th, 2005 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kaleb's Mom 04@Aug 26 2005, 08:34 AM
I like them but like others mentioned you will have alot of trouble with Alisa being pronounced A - Lisa!* Instead of Alyssa!* I agree a good choice is Alissa!* Have you considered her initials will be AAA.* Like the car thing Triple A!* Just want to make sure you realized.* But I love your names.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Thanks for your input..I actually haven't thought about spelling it Alissa.

And yes I have thought that her initials would be AAA, that's what mine are now, Alison Annette Adamson.

Thanks to all you ladies for your advice.

toothfairy August 26th, 2005 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jinxcat@Aug 25 2005, 10:35 PM
Oh, I cannot dig the name Wayne at all. Sorry.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Don't be sorry...I am not a huge fan. But since my dad and husband have that middle name it has a lot of meaning...Plus middle names arent the main thing anyways.