JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Name Dilemma! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/738366-name-dilemma.html)

Miracle September 21st, 2007 12:36 AM

Okay I know you girls are probably sick of my "Brielle this, Brielle that" talk, but I'd really like some honest opinions!!

I am a fan of the longer, fancier girl names. Some of my current favorites are Ariana, Isabella, Eliana, Mattea, Olivia, etc...

My husband is insanely *in love* with the name Brielle. He wants that name. He doesn't really care if her formal name is something longer, as long as he can call her Brielle.

So my dilemma here is: what do you think? Is Brielle too short? Would you go with something longer?

I like Gabriella because I love the nickname possibilities: Brielle, Bella, Belle, Ella, Elle, etc... But I hate that it's on the top 100 list right now. One thing I always wanted to do was give my kids a unique name. Brielle is unique, but it doesn't fit my normal love of "fancier" names.

I know a lot of you don't like Brielle as a formal name, but what *name* do you like the sound of the best?

Ambrielle
Aubriella
Aubrielle
Briella
Brielle
Gabrielle
Gabriella

Elysia September 21st, 2007 12:46 AM

I love Gabrielle with the nn Brielle :smile: or just Brielle by itself

GymChick September 21st, 2007 06:08 AM

My fav from your list is Gabrielle - nn Brielle.
I think that Brielle could stand alone too though.

Sal September 21st, 2007 06:47 AM

I like Brielle. :)

Acadia September 21st, 2007 07:14 AM

I think Gabrielle nn Brielle is lovely and the best choice.

Just in case you didn't already know this, Ambrielle is lingerie.

About it being in the top 100, I don't think that's a problem since she'd have a nickname. Most Gabrielles are Gabby or just Gabrielle. I've hardly met any called Brielle. There might be another Gabrielle at her school but the chances are almost nil that she would also happen to be called Brielle, kwim?

Hey There September 21st, 2007 08:29 AM

If you like Brielle, I'd just use that. I don't see the need to name her something you will never call her just to use Brielle when it's a perfectly fine name on it's own. If I had to pick a longer name, I'd pick Briella.

Shades of Grey September 21st, 2007 11:19 AM

I like using a longer, more formal name and nn her Brielle. I voted for Aubrielle. Its more unique. My sister is an Aubrey, I call her Brey.

nkellysl September 21st, 2007 11:24 AM

I LOVE the name Brielle on its own. I really want to use it for my baby girl due any day but my hubby won't let me since we have some friends with a daughter by that name. I would just stick with it by itself to keep it original, or go with Gabrielle.

Momma2Jack September 21st, 2007 11:40 AM

i think Brielle stands just fine on its own but i voted for aubrielle as a formal name

carlyheartsphil September 21st, 2007 03:13 PM

I like Brielle best just by itself, otherwise I'd go with Gabrielle

ellajane September 21st, 2007 04:27 PM

Gabrielle!!!

Merolia September 21st, 2007 08:28 PM

Gabrielle nn Brielle

Gabrielle sounds very beautiful and elegant to me, so I think it makes a great full name. I think it's a good idea to have a longer name- even if you never call her by her full name, she might want to use her it at work or wherever. Brielle sounds more like a nickname.

*kyle* September 22nd, 2007 11:35 PM

I like Aubrielle the best. When you first posted about the name Aubrielle, it sounded made up (sorry Lauren! lol) but I've personally come to really like it. I think it has a very beautiful ring to it.

I also think Brielle could stand alone, but if you like longer and fancier names, then why not make it longer and fancier... she could easily go by Brielle, but also later in life she may enjoy having the choice to use the formal name. Just think, how many times in your life will you get to put your naming style to use in choosing the perfect, most beautiful name for your baby? Only a few... so make it count... hehehe. ;)

LileighBelle September 23rd, 2007 10:28 AM

I prefer Brielle or Briella!

Bre+Will=Reid September 23rd, 2007 07:16 PM

I think Brielle/Briella is fancy enough. I like them both, but I chose Briella. You could call her Bre, Ella, or Elle.