JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Do you like this name? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/83458-do-you-like-name.html)

callmecrazy October 3rd, 2005 08:58 PM

I named my youngest son Jarrett Taylor. I had never heard the name before. Then, after a couple of years, I've met quite a few people either named that or have a kid named that. My son now has a boy in his pre-k class with that name.

Ever heard it? Just wondering.

dkmommy October 3rd, 2005 09:01 PM

I have heard the name before, but never known anyone by that name. I think the only reason i have heard it is because of Dale Jarrett (and i'm not even a nascar fan!).

callmecrazy October 3rd, 2005 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lane6901@Oct 3 2005, 10:01 PM
I have heard the name before, but never known anyone by that name.* I think the only reason i have heard it is because of Dale Jarrett (and i'm not even a nascar fan!).
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

That's where my husband got the name. He's a big racing fan. Although we aren't Dale Jarrett die hards, we liked his name. It was either Jarrett or Kenseth.

Our poor baby girl...hopefully we find a name that will fit her!

dkmommy October 3rd, 2005 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by callmecrazy+Oct 3 2005, 10:07 PM-->
Quote:

<!--QuoteBegin-lane6901
Quote:

@Oct 3 2005, 10:01 PM
I have heard the name before, but never known anyone by that name.* I think the only reason i have heard it is because of Dale Jarrett (and i'm not even a nascar fan!).

That's where my husband got the name. He's a big racing fan. Although we aren't Dale Jarrett die hards, we liked his name. It was either Jarrett or Kenseth.

Our poor baby girl...hopefully we find a name that will fit her!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

Hopefully you will find a name for your little girl soon!! :smile:
What are some of your possibilities for a name?

callmecrazy October 4th, 2005 09:28 PM

I like Kyra, Brooklyn or Makenna. However, my last kiddo left the hospital unnamed because my husband likes to wait until we are in the hospital to discuss it. He doesn't see why everyone is in such a rush to name their babies before they are born. I guess it's one of those "man" things. She'll get one eventually.

dkmommy October 4th, 2005 09:34 PM

Those are all very cute names! I think husbands don't get the "rush" on picking baby names is because they aren't the ones that are asked 5,000 times a day if you have names picked out!!

callmecrazy October 5th, 2005 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lane6901@Oct 4 2005, 10:34 PM
Those are all very cute names!* I think husbands don't get the "rush" on picking baby names is because they aren't the ones that are asked 5,000 times a day if you have names picked out!!

[/quote]

Yeah, that's no joke. A million is more like it. "Oh, is it a boy or girl? A girl, how precious, does she have a name yet?" I want to scream! LOL. Or say, ask my husband.

I don't even bring my ideas to the table, he is too easy to shoot them down. I figured I'd wait until he's ready to discuss it, then maybe he will be more open minded.

I do talk about it with my daughter and youngest son. The other 2 aren't real concerned about the name. My daughter likes Hannah and my son, who is 4, said originally he wanted to name her Kelly Clarkson. So, that's out. Now he is going through the list of girls from his class, so he likes Trinity, Canden and Alexis.

We'll see. Guess we should ask the other mothers in a new topic how many times they are asked a day what the name is! LOL

rollopodio October 6th, 2005 12:39 PM

i've never heard it.