JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   I need help and some advice! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/9410-i-need-help-and-some-advice.html)

Jennifer8211 December 31st, 2004 03:12 PM

I won't tell you right now who is choosing what, i will see how it goes first....lol. :P
thanks for the advice/opinions!
Jennifer

StefanieRenae December 31st, 2004 03:21 PM

I like it with a C better. Also since its my brothers name too.

TwiceBlessed December 31st, 2004 03:54 PM

I prefer Colby

KentuckyMama December 31st, 2004 03:58 PM

Like it with a "C"

proudmommyof5 December 31st, 2004 06:13 PM

I like Colby better too.

YankeeMom December 31st, 2004 06:40 PM

I prefer the "C" spelling better too ;)

HTH

Jennifer8211 January 2nd, 2005 08:15 AM

okay, if you have read one or two of my other posts you know it is me that wants Kolby.
I guess Colby is the more conventional spelling and i should stick with that. the biggest reason i like K is because with my first two children i was on a K run. My oldest is Kendrick, then his sister came 19 months later and i named her Kassandra. Also, i like to be different. But i have to say Kassie complains she can never find any pens, jewlery, ornaments with the correct spelling of her name on them and has asks me why i didn't just use a C. But soon she will care less if she can find something pre-made with her name it and she will be over it....lol. Plus all her friends and even some family members still spell her name wrong at birthdays.
then i had Julia three and a half years ago.....went off the K strike because i love the name Julia and i had to finally use it (kassandra was going to be Julia).
so i guess i was going to use K because of my older two children's name begin with K. But maybe i will stick with the C. not fully decided yet, thanks for the votes!

Jennifer

TheGeneralsGal January 2nd, 2005 09:43 AM

I would go with the C. But I do not like Cr8ve spelling.

*Lea* January 4th, 2005 01:51 PM

Oooo im a fan of changing spellings.. I say K because C is more cutesey cute.. When he gets older K seems to suit more so than C .. If that makes sense..

Jennifer8211 January 4th, 2005 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by *Lea*@Jan 4 2005, 05:51 PM
Oooo im a fan of changing spellings.. I say K because C is more cutesey cute.. When he gets older K seems to suit more so than C .. If that makes sense..
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

thanks....at least i am not the only one...lol. now to convince my hubby. i don't think he will be seeing the results of this poll just yet......lol, i was hoping i could use it as evidence that i was right and he was wrong...lol. oh well, maybe i will cave in the end. i still think i am having a girl anyways and me and DH are fussing for nothin! :P

jennifer

tadsmom January 4th, 2005 03:46 PM

I hate to have to go against you, but I like it better with a 'C'

tamw402004 January 4th, 2005 04:01 PM

I would spell it with a "K"....because I eat alot of Colby cheese.It is spelled with the "C". But, That`s just me! ;)

Also sticking with the "K`s" is good too! I agree with you totally.
I actually know a little guy named Kolby.

Jennifer8211 January 4th, 2005 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tadsmom@Jan 4 2005, 07:46 PM
I hate to have to go against you, but I like it better with a 'C'
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

that is perfectly fine! I like to know what others think. I am still undecided and need all the advise or opinions i can get :smile: i appreciate your opinions.

and tammy, i also was thinking about the cheese...lol, not that it really bothers me.

jennifer