JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Jennifer Lopez has Twins. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/943818-jennifer-lopez-has-twins.html)

Katherine Sarah February 23rd, 2008 06:23 AM

NEW YORK (AP) - Jennifer Lopez gave birth to twins early Friday, making the singer and husband Marc Anthony the parents of a boy and a girl after one of pop music's most closely watched pregnancies.
"She's thrilled," Lopez's manager, Simon Fields, told The Associated Press. He said the babies were born "just after midnight this morning."

Fields confirmed that the girl arrived first, weighing 5 pounds, 7 ounces. "Her boy is 6 pounds even and arrived about 15 minutes later" at a Long Island hospital, he said. The location was not identified.

Link to article

Its rumoured that the babies are called Emme and Max :blink: Slightly disappointing IMO.
I wonder if Christina Aguilera is slightly pissed off? haha

Orvokki February 23rd, 2008 06:29 AM

Is Emme supposed to be pronounced like Emma? If so, it's very popular, but charming. I hope Max is short for something - it seems too informal as a full name.

Katherine Sarah February 23rd, 2008 06:35 AM

I cant seem to find the name on any websites to find the pronounciation. My first reaction was to pronounce it "Em". Which is also informal imo, very nicknamey.

Melanie. February 23rd, 2008 09:17 AM

I think Emme is being pronounced like Emmie/Emmy and I don't like it. Max is okay, could be worse. It reminds me of Dragon Tales.

Congratulations to them, though, and whatever they decided to name them.

::er!ca:: February 23rd, 2008 10:19 AM

Congrats to them.... I guess :) You won't see any of us in the national news when we have our babies :)

boys-r-us February 23rd, 2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

I think Emme is being pronounced like Emmie/Emmy and I don't like it. Max is okay, could be worse. It reminds me of Dragon Tales.[/b]
Ditto!! Dragon Tales popped into my head as soon as I read the names!

underthesea February 23rd, 2008 03:16 PM

I have a hard time believing they named the son Max, it just doesn't sound like a name they would be into IMHO. Plus, it would make the second celeb baby Max this year.

Miracle February 23rd, 2008 08:54 PM

I like Emme. I think it's pretty :wub: Max is too much like a dogs name to me, though.

Katherine Sarah February 24th, 2008 09:12 AM

It will be interesting to see how much the name Max goes up in the social security tables during 08 after both Christinas Aguilera and Jennifer Lopez have used the name.

Niamh ૐ February 24th, 2008 12:14 PM

The names of the twins still hasn't been confirmed. The Max and Emme thing is still just a rumor. They haven't released the names yet. ;)

Pop Culture Freak February 24th, 2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

ts rumoured that the babies are called Emme and Max[/b]
I've also heard:
Gavenda and Tuttie
Jameson and Emerson

None of them seem like her style, I don't think any are correct.

*kyle* February 24th, 2008 01:08 PM

I was really hoping they'd use some gorgeous Spanish names, there are so many possibilities, especially for boy-girl twins! If Emme and Max are it, I'll be pretty disappointed.

Niamh ૐ February 24th, 2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

I was really hoping they'd use some gorgeous Spanish names, there are so many possibilities, especially for boy-girl twins! If Emme and Max are it, I'll be pretty disappointed.[/b]

Me too. The first names that popped into my head were Gabriela and Alejandro. Though Gabriela and Vincent would be nice too. We'll see.

*kyle* February 24th, 2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I was really hoping they'd use some gorgeous Spanish names, there are so many possibilities, especially for boy-girl twins! If Emme and Max are it, I'll be pretty disappointed.[/b]

Me too. The first names that popped into my head were Gabriela and Alejandro. Though Gabriela and Vincent would be nice too. We'll see.
[/b]
ITA. If I was J-Lo I'd be totally exploiting the wonderful world of names that reflect her and Marc's culture: Mariela, Leticia, Adriana, Noelia, Lucia, Valencia, Joaquin, Mateo, Marcelo, Benicio, Vincenzo... I could go on and on.

I edited to add more of my favorites lol.

Katherine Sarah February 25th, 2008 05:27 AM

Apparantly JLO's mum recently picked up two baby bracelets from a jewellers with Emme engraved on one and Max on the other which is where the rumour has come from.

Melanie. February 25th, 2008 11:13 AM

Lucia and Matteo. :inlove: ;)

MommaOnCloud9 February 25th, 2008 09:23 PM

Emme and Max could be nns for spanish/latin names: Emilia/Emiliana/Emelda and Maximo/Maximilliano. I wouldn't be disappointed by the names Emme and Max. I get so sick and tired of hearing some of the way-out-there trendy/creative names celebrities come up with. In my opinion, the world only needs a couple Apples, Tallulahs, Rockets, Racers, Rebels, and Rogues (latter 4 are Robert Rodriguez's 4 sons).

I wouldn't think the names will be too common as J.Lo couldn't have been overjoyed growing up with the ultra-popular name Jennifer.

Niamh ૐ February 25th, 2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Emme and Max could be nns for spanish/latin names: Emilia/Emiliana/Emelda and Maximo/Maximilliano. I wouldn't be disappointed by the names Emme and Max. I get so sick and tired of hearing some of the way-out-there trendy/creative names celebrities come up with. In my opinion, the world only needs a couple Apples, Tallulahs, Rockets, Racers, Rebels, and Rogues (latter 4 are Robert Rodriguez's 4 sons).

I wouldn't think the names will be too common as J.Lo couldn't have been overjoyed growing up with the ultra-popular name Jennifer.[/b]

Tallulah/Talulla is actually a legitimate name (not like Apple or Rocket or Rebel, etc).

From the Gaelic name Tuilelaith, which was derived from Irish tuile "abundance" and flaith "princess".

Just letting you know in case you weren't aware and just thought it was a made up name, lol. :P

tightborn220 February 26th, 2008 05:12 AM

Congrats! Admirable couple! And I like Max and Emme!

Pyrodjm February 27th, 2008 03:22 PM

Apparently their names are Maximiano and Emelina. I like them.