JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   What does everyone think of this name??? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/9605-what-does-everyone-think-name.html)

Tinabeana January 2nd, 2005 02:13 PM

[B][I][FONT=Courier][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]
Hello all, My name is Tina and im 22 and preganat with my first Due Feb 12. When we found out that we were having a girl, I feel in love with the name Emma. Everyone is telling me to name her Emily and call her Emma for short but i felt that Emma was short sweet and simple. Does that sound right to all of you? We havent found a middle name yet but we decided on either Lynn or Rose. My husband really likes Lee but i dont think that will sound nice any suggestions??

Thanks
Tina B)

BluesCluesMom January 2nd, 2005 02:18 PM

Emma is very pretty but very popular.

I think Emma Rose is very well paired.

Tinabeana January 2nd, 2005 02:25 PM

Yes it is very popular but Were we are from there are very few with this name. I just dont know what to choose, knowing DH he will blurt a name out as she is born and i wont have the heart to change her name. If he would do that it would be Emma Lee which i dont think goes nice together.

BluesCluesMom January 2nd, 2005 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by babyemma021205@Jan 2 2005, 01:25 PM
.* If he would do that it would be Emma Lee which i dont think goes nice together.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

I agree. Emma Lee is too much like Emily. Are there any family names you'd like to use as a mn?

CindyLou January 2nd, 2005 02:31 PM

I like Emma Rose! It is very pretty!

Tinabeana January 2nd, 2005 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BluesCluesMom+Jan 2 2005, 04:30 PM-->
Quote:

<!--QuoteBegin-babyemma021205
Quote:

@Jan 2 2005, 01:25 PM
.* If he would do that it would be Emma Lee which i dont think goes nice together.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. Emma Lee is too much like Emily. Are there any family names you'd like to use as a mn?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]
Alot of names i like but it does not sound good with Emma. Maybe ill just Stick with Rose this poor childs name been changed so much it went from Anna to Alexiah then to Dasiy and now Emma which i really like, But as far as the middle name no Clue yet.

SugarNSpice January 2nd, 2005 09:06 PM

I love the name Emma. I don't think it needs to be a shorter name for anything...it sounds great on it's own. I say GO FOR IT! :P

Emma Rose is cute..
What about Emma Grace?

TwiceBlessed January 2nd, 2005 09:12 PM

I love the name Emma. Not too fond of the name Rose.

Emma Dae
Emma Katherine
Emma Lauren
Emma Morgan

TheGeneralsGal January 2nd, 2005 10:41 PM

Not fond of Emma. Good name for a baby and child not a good name for an adult. I would go with Emily and call her Emma.

AuntieFromBama January 3rd, 2005 02:19 AM

I love the name Emma! I was also going to suggest Emma Grace.

I want to name my little girl Emily Emma Grace.

Emily for a friend of mine who is batteling cancer and she lives in London.

Emma because it's my grandmother's name.

And I just love the name Grace. It seems to be fitting because if I ever do get prego I will be graced with her presence.

TheGeneralsGal January 3rd, 2005 07:02 AM

I thought you were going name your kid Haleigh?

Heather1628 January 3rd, 2005 07:40 AM

<span style="font-family:Arial">I like Emma Grace</span>

mamaB January 3rd, 2005 09:17 AM

Emma is sweet, but very, very popular. Definitely in the top 10. (I blame "Friends" for calling Rachel's daughter that name!)

At any rate, my two cents:

Emma Marie

or, if you want brownie points:

Emma [your mom's name]
Emma [DH's mom's name]

AuntieFromBama January 3rd, 2005 03:31 PM

I have thought about naming a little girl Haleigh. But another name that I like for a little girl is Emily Emma Grace.

Emma Marie is pretty too! Never thought of that!

HipKat January 6th, 2005 05:18 PM

Emma is cool, but it seems like EVERYONE is using that either as a name or at least on their list of names.....

rollopodio January 6th, 2005 05:24 PM

i love the name emma.

JaecobsMommie January 7th, 2005 10:55 PM

I just heard on the radio two days ago that the name Emma took over the top spot--previously Emily--for this past year... Very popular... your "Emma" will never be without a last name... (more than one in her class @ school, they'll call her Emma "lastname" all the time).

proudmommyof5 January 9th, 2005 04:50 PM

I don't know where you live, but if it isn't a popular name I say go for it. Emma Rose or Emma Marie are both very pretty! :smile:

AuntieFromBama January 9th, 2005 07:09 PM

Wondering if there was an update of the desision of the name.

x Christie x January 13th, 2005 08:40 AM

I know an Emma Rose. I think it is a lovely name.