JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Signing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f43-baby-signing/)
-   -   Who are JM's baby signing mama's? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f43-baby-signing/1342960-who-jm-s-baby-signing-mama-s.html)

Effervescence December 7th, 2008 02:38 PM

Please take a few moments to introduce yourself here. Even if you are a lurker, we'd like to hear about you and your baby signing children!!!

1. Name:
2. Child(ren) and age(s):
3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how?
4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song:

Effervescence December 7th, 2008 03:45 PM

1. Name: Jess
2. Child(ren) and age(s): Jonah, four months
3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? I've been teaching sign language to infants and toddlers for over six years in a daycare setting, and am now using signs with my son.
4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: It isn't very well known in mainstream, but I love "Smooth Sailing" by Ella Fitzgerald. It really makes you want to get up and dance and sing, and Ella was a very talented woman :smile:

*~Proud_Mom~* December 7th, 2008 07:55 PM

1. Name: Katie
2. Child(ren) and age(s): Emily, 9 weeks
3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? I haven't started yet but I'm planning on it
4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: I Got You Babe, Sonny and Cher

aprilmiracle December 8th, 2008 02:44 PM

1. Name: Julia
2. Child(ren) and age(s): Birk - 7.5 months
3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? We just started today :lol:
4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: Walk Away by Christina Aguilera

JenBun December 17th, 2008 01:26 PM

1. Name: JenBun

2. Child(ren) and age(s): Pranava Taran, 16 months

3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? I've been signing to him since he was 6 months old. He has been signing back (on a limited basis) since he was maybe 10 months old. I wish he'd sign back more.

4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: A Beautiful Day (U2)

dotcomkari January 6th, 2009 08:11 AM

1. Name: Kari

2. Child(ren) and age(s): Bianca (5), Kai (2), Asia (almost 6 months)

3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? I am hard of hearing and sign is my first language. My kids have slowly been learning. My 5 year old signs pretty well.. and my two year old is picking up a lot of sign. My two year old son is non-verbal and autistic, so learning sign has been really good for him. The baby already signs more.

4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: I'm a Believer by Smash Mouth (was my wedding song)

noah and lola's mommy January 8th, 2009 06:53 PM

Name-Christian
children - Noah 4, Lola Reed 9 months
We are teaching Lola signs now. She has been signing more since about 6 months and has been doing eat, milk, and all done for about 1 month.
Noah knew a ton on signs when he was younger and is quickly relearning them as we teach lola. He knew all of the signs in Signing times and more.

mothra January 11th, 2009 11:53 AM

1. Name:Martha
2. Child(ren) and age(s): Isaac, 6.5 months.
3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how?i've been signing to him since he was born. we're always learning though.
4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: that's a tough one...i couldn't even begin to pick one!

Lonomia January 11th, 2009 05:49 PM

1. Name: Stef

2. Child(ren) and age(s): Thuya, 7 mos

3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? I am still mainly trying to build up my knowledge of signing. I have the full alphabet, numbers 1-10, and about 40 signs completely memorized. I have just begun to introduce a few to Thuya.

4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: Policy Of Truth - Depeche Mode

EVY&EGYsMommy January 13th, 2009 08:46 PM

1. Name: Katie
2. Child(ren) and age(s): Esella, 6 1/2 weeks
3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? We are about to start!
4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: Oh geeze...I don't know!! I like all kinds of music...

Jamie's mommy January 13th, 2009 09:57 PM

Name: Amanda
Child's name and age: Jamie, 13 mo.
We've started signing already. Jamie and I both learn signs by watching the Signing Time videos. He knows potty, milk, eat, drink, and he made up his own sign for hot.

GrowBabyGrow January 28th, 2009 06:10 AM

1. Name: Sarah
2. Child(ren) and age(s): Brynn -6 yrs Autumn- almost 5 and Emme- 8mos
3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? We have been signing with Emme since the beginning.
4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: I cant for the life of me think of it right now but it is a country song.

Jenna January 28th, 2009 06:34 AM

1. Name: Jenna
2. Child(ren) and age(s): Caitlin (Caitie), almost 5 months
3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? Just now learning... I know some ASL, but before this I didn't know anything that would be useful to a baby :lol:
4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: "Killer Queen" by Queen

゚・✿Crystal✿・゚ January 28th, 2009 09:18 AM

1. Name: Crystal
2. Child(ren) and age(s): Savannah 1 year old.
3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? ive started for 2 months now but getting more into it.
4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: i have no clue?

MamaTeri January 28th, 2009 06:22 PM

1. Name: Teri
2. Child(ren) and age(s): Katie (5), Ryan (3), Dylan (10 months)
3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? Yes! I use the baby signs book by Linda Acredolo (?)
4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: Baby Beluga by Raffi

xoxo. ashleyy February 7th, 2009 11:28 PM

1. Name: Ashley
2. Child(ren) and age(s): Wyatt, 2 & Selena, due June 2009
3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? I started signing with Wy after he turned 2, and plan to start signing right away with Lena
4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: "My Heart" by Paramore

amberjolie February 8th, 2009 03:30 PM

1. Name: amberjolie - sorry, I've got a phobia about the internet and having personal info on it, even my name!
2. Child(ren) and age(s): DD almost 8, DS 6, DS 2
3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? yes, our little guy has speech apraxia so he can't figure out how to make out the sounds for words well - we've been signing since he's been about 15 months, and he knows about 40 or more signs now, including starting some colours! He's really made some great progress with his communication.
4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: Superstition by Stevie Wonder

BraydensMama February 14th, 2009 01:51 PM

I've been a lurker around here, but since I've started signing with my son, I'm always in need of advice and resources so hopefully I'll be around more

1. Name: Corey
2. Child(ren) and age(s): Brayden, 20 months
3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? We're progressing, albeit slowly. We're still learning.
4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: Oh man, I don't know! That's a hard question!

Meggie26 February 19th, 2009 06:24 PM

1. Name: Megan

2. Child(ren) and ages: Elliana 14 1/2 months

3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? Yes, we've been signing for awhile now. I took a sign language class and I also live in a deaf community so its kinda a necessity to know sign language.

4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: "Put On" By Jeezy

::MummyToThree:: February 27th, 2009 02:44 AM

1. Name: Tam

2. Child(ren) and ages: Summer 5 1/2 months

3. Have you started signing yet, or are you learning how? No, about to start, I know a few signs but need to learn a few more

4. (just for fun) Your all-time favorite song: Khe San by Cold Chisel