JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Bad Experiences With Vaccines (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f337-bad-experiences-vaccines/)
-   -   Autism and other problems (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f337-bad-experiences-vaccines/1147396-autism-and-other-problems.html)

MommyABCs July 11th, 2008 10:35 AM

We do vaccinate our children, but carefully. I have read over the last few years that their are suspected links between autism and vaccination. Especially dangerous are all of the new cocktail vaccines coming out. The effects are not well understood.

At 2, my pediatrician gave my daughter a cocktail shot of 3 vaccines in one. She soon stopped having bowel movements. We fought constipation for 3 months after that. Later, on the news, we heard that it had risks of stomach complications, and was taken of the market.

The risks of not vaccinating are horrific, but I would refuse any such cocktails.

(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) July 12th, 2008 12:23 PM

:welcome: to JM and our board.

I'm really sorry to hear your daughter had those issues. Did you report the reaction to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) Web site? Did your doctor? Is your dd doing better?

Tribeca August 8th, 2008 07:55 AM

The risks of not vaccinating are horrific, but I would refuse any such cocktails.
[/quote]

I'm sorry your baby had to go through this. I do have to comment on one thing you said however. The risks of not vaccinating a child are NOT horrific. In fact I think if you do a little research you will find that is not the case at all.

alainaandalex December 8th, 2008 05:18 PM

Hello
I work for the Judevine Center for Autism as an Autism Technician. I work with families who obviously have had bad expieriences with vaccines. I would encourage everyone to do a yahoo search and type in Autism and the Amish, this was a research article done by a reporter, it is a fascinating article that will make you question our everyday decisions regarding diet and immunizations. And as a mother of a 3 year old and 1 year old. I am not willing to take the risk for my children to be a statistic while the CDC "figures it out".

blfox4 December 31st, 2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

I am not willing to take the risk for my children to be a statistic while the CDC "figures it out".[/b]

Cheers to that!

Phoeniciaann January 9th, 2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

We do vaccinate our children, but carefully. I have read over the last few years that their are suspected links between autism and vaccination. Especially dangerous are all of the new cocktail vaccines coming out. The effects are not well understood.

At 2, my pediatrician gave my daughter a cocktail shot of 3 vaccines in one. She soon stopped having bowel movements. We fought constipation for 3 months after that. Later, on the news, we heard that it had risks of stomach complications, and was taken of the market.

The risks of not vaccinating are horrific, but I would refuse any such cocktails.[/b]
Wow, never looked into that. I specialized in Special Ed in College and thought I had seen it all. Thanks for the information.

Aria May 22nd, 2009 10:43 AM

Re: Autism and other problems

Well, high levels of mercury have symptoms similar to autism. So while vaccines don't cause actual autism, they can definitely cause very similar symptoms. As it's really the symptoms of a disease/disorder/etc., that make it hard, I guess it doesn't matter so terribly much whether or not it is actually autism, except that autism has no cure whereas the mercury-cause symptoms can be reversed.