JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Beginner's Forum (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f99-beginners-forum/)
-   -   True Blood verses Sookie Stackhouse characters (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f99-beginners-forum/2042916-true-blood-verses-sookie-stackhouse-characters.html)

(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) July 15th, 2010 10:52 PM

True Blood verses Sookie Stackhouse characters

Which characters live up to their book personas? Which actors do you wish played the characters?

I pick Sam and Pam as ones that live up to the book. I can't wait to debate who should or shouldn't play other ones!

**Badfish** July 16th, 2010 09:29 AM

Re: True Blood verses Sookie Stackhouse characters

I think the casting is spot-on for all of them, with the exception of maybe Rachel Evan Wood. Characters I like better on the show: Terry, Lafayette, Sam, Arlene, Tara, Andy and Bud Dearborn. Pam and Jason are amazing in both. Sookie, Bill and Eric are on the show exactly what I imagine from the books. I'm not loving how Alcide is written so far this season. He wasn't such a dick in the books.

lupti July 16th, 2010 09:38 AM

I am not a fan of Evan Rachel Wood either. Think they did great with Eric and Bill. Sookie is ok.

I think they did well on the casting overall, but I love how the TV series is changing it up from the books.

gina! July 17th, 2010 07:48 AM

i am just catching up on season 2 of true blood....but i gotta say, i hate hate hate sookie's hair curly. :eek:

Jarheadwed July 17th, 2010 09:38 AM

I wish they followed the story line closer. They make Bill into much of a hero.

frgsonmysox July 17th, 2010 10:27 AM

Bill wasn't so whiny in the books.

Nekinna2402 July 19th, 2010 09:32 AM

^^ second that.

I also wish they had followed the story closer, I mean in the beginning it was fairly spot on but I felt the more you get into the seasons the more "off" it becomes.
maybe that is just my opinion, I don't know.

**Badfish** July 19th, 2010 10:33 AM

This season is following book three pretty closely.

(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) July 19th, 2010 11:04 AM

DH and I are in the middle of watching season 2. We thought the first season was really not following the book and so far are this season is a bit closer.. I cant wait to watch season three!

TheMrs July 22nd, 2010 01:38 PM

LOL When I first read this I thought it said 'True Blood vs. Snookie (the Jersey Shores girl).....

All I could think was "I haven't read True Blood but it HAS to be better than SNOOKIE".

RTMOM August 4th, 2010 03:29 PM

I think the majority are perfect..so I will list the ones that I am "eh" about:

-Sophie Anne-Even though her acting is getting better, that first few appearances of her were horrible! Rachel didn't do a good job at first.

-Claudine- Definitely pictured someone that was not british, and maybe taller.

(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) August 4th, 2010 10:58 PM

I just finished season two so I'm excited reading these replies about season three!

rose198172 August 23rd, 2010 06:04 PM

So I just finished reading book 4 and have started on book 5. I don't think Calvin or Felton Norris were as much of ******** in the book as they are in the show. I get that they're still very distrustful of anyone outside of their group, and maybe the show's creators decided the best way to get that feeling across was to make them into total jerkwads. IDK.

RTMOM August 23rd, 2010 06:06 PM

How did you like book 4?? That was my favorite book :)

I agree...the town of Hot Shot doesn't seem the same as I pictured it would be..

ka-chow August 23rd, 2010 07:04 PM

I didnt view Hot Shot like that. And I LOVED Pam in the books. Series, eh, she's ok.

Alcide is my FAV character in the books, but in the show he's still hot, but not quite like I imagined.

Jason is exactly how I imagined. Bill and Eric are pretty close too. Sookie, I can see it, but I didnt see her quite so sassy in the books.

I read most of the books in the row in a period of about 2 weeks, so they all kinda blur together for me. lol

RTMOM August 23rd, 2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-chow (Post 21287298)
I didnt view Hot Shot like that. And I LOVED Pam in the books. Series, eh, she's ok.

Alcide is my FAV character in the books, but in the show he's still hot, but not quite like I imagined.

Jason is exactly how I imagined. Bill and Eric are pretty close too. Sookie, I can see it, but I didnt see her quite so sassy in the books.

I read most of the books in the row in a period of about 2 weeks, so they all kinda blur together for me. lol

Oh I know about Pam, I think she is pretty good on screen, but I loved the relationship she had with sookie in the books, that is definitely missing on screen.

They did a great job on Alcide, I hope we see him in the last 2 episodes.

rose198172 August 24th, 2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTMOM (Post 21286580)
How did you like book 4?? That was my favorite book :)

I agree...the town of Hot Shot doesn't seem the same as I pictured it would be..

I loved it, and for more than just "the shower scene" :lol: :shhh: I think that Hot Shot seems a lot more.... IDK, trailer park-ish? I didn't think that it read that way in the book. :sneak: I don't hate it and I think it's a different spin, which of course is fine for the producers to do. It was just kind of surprising to me.

I fell asleep today listening to book 5, so I need to restart it. GAH!

RTMOM August 24th, 2010 03:15 PM

Its been a few years since I read the first set of books, I need to re-read them.

I am on the latest book... "Dead in the family" It's good :)