JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Birth Control (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f303-birth-control/)
-   -   I really feel guilty when I used to use bc? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f303-birth-control/2335927-i-really-feel-guilty-when-i-used-to-use-bc.html)

ashtonsmomtobe May 25th, 2011 02:23 PM

I really feel guilty when I used to use bc?

when I was really young I had a sexual relationship with a previous bf. I took bc because I didn't feel ready to have a baby. I felt guilty every time I got my period. I forgot to take it once and end up using plan b I started bleeding I didn't realize that was a side effect. And ever since I felt like I lost something even though pln b doesn't cause loss. I just have always felt I lost a child from it. I always have wnted kids badly because of it. I remember in high school I used to be jealous of the pregnant teens. But I never went out to try to have a baby. Anyway I have never gotten on bc for that reason again. I know sometime in the future. I will need it. Like doesn't every woman. I just sometimes think I don't want to feel bad about it. So I don't use it. Well gladly enough I don't need bc anytime soon but if I ever get married that'll be an issue obviously.

ShawnaCAN May 25th, 2011 08:33 PM

Re: I really feel guilty when I used to use bc?

It's ok to listen to your instincts. Plan B can cause a miscarriage if you conceive, but so can every kind of hormonal BC. They all work by keeping the lining of your uterus too thin for the embryo to implant. We were never comfortable with that. Honey, don't be hard on yourself. You had no way of knowing it could work that way, and there's no guarantee you conceived anyway.

There's also nothing wrong with wanting your body to work the way it's supposed to. BC treats your fertility like a disease that needs to be medicated, like it's something bad. Fertility is a beautiful gift. Treating it like a gift doesn't mean you have to have 16 billion kids either. We've never used BC of any kind, but have been able to avoid pregnancy when we needed to with Natural Family Planning (NFP). There are lots of kinds of NFP, no drugs required. We just work with my body, the way it is. It's nice to be a team about it.

ashtonsmomtobe May 25th, 2011 09:16 PM

I don't believe I was pregnant. It's just the possibility. I heard it's inaffective if you're pregnant but I felt as if I lost a chance to.

ShawnaCAN May 26th, 2011 07:13 AM

Well hopefully when the time is right, you can use your chance!

Just for future reference, so you know how it works - the site for Plan B explains how it works:

Prevents a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus
plan B - The Morning After Pill - How it Works

ashtonsmomtobe May 26th, 2011 10:22 PM

wow I didn't know that's an embryo too. I heard it wasn't abortion though.

yea I guess so.