JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Birth Control (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f303-birth-control/)
-   -   Birth Control is she right or wrong? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f303-birth-control/2519688-birth-control-she-right-wrong.html)

Breeze2526 April 26th, 2012 08:04 PM

Birth Control is she right or wrong?

Hi my story THIS MAY BE A DUMB QUESTION BUT I GOT TO KNOW I've been with my fiance for two years my fiance's ex told me I should take birth control pills but I want to get pregnant. She says I'm to young to get pregnant I'm 20 almost 21 in two months. She says I should've took them a long time ago but I was a virgin until I met my fiance when I was 19. She says that teens can be on birth when they were virgins but I thought that females be on birth control when they don't kids and their sexually active. Wouldn't it mess up a girls menstrual cycle if she was a virgin taking birth control pills? I talked to my bestfriend she told me the woman just jealous.

ShawnaCAN April 27th, 2012 04:08 PM

Re: Birth Control is she right or wrong?

Hormonal birth control comes with risks no matter who takes it, or when. But the more serious risks, especially breast cancer - are much higher when birth control is taken for several years starting at a young age before having a baby.

kathydavid May 1st, 2012 08:44 PM

I took birth control when I was a virgin, just as a precautionary thing. My younger sister is on it to prevent cysts. It's not at all problematic (unless you're allergic or something) to take pills when you're a virgin.

Velma0708 May 4th, 2012 05:02 AM

Many girls take bc as virgins, my sister had terrible periods (she got her first at 9) and she started bc at 14 long before she ever had sex and she's just fine now another 14 years later! She stopped last year to have a baby with her husband and got pregnant quickly. (were a super fertile family). I think the problem here is not whether she is right or wrong, why would you even consider something someone's ex said? It's unlikely she would have your best interest at heart. You are young but age only matters in how you deal with things, if you want to start a family with your fiancÚ and your both ready then that's between you and him. She absolutely has no right to even discuss birth control with you, that's something for you and your doctor to decide.. And the pill is not the only form of bc you can use there are many options if your not ready for a child yet.

flaherty July 20th, 2012 07:47 PM

the truth is, birth control is wrong, but many people look at it, that this is the right decision.