JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Birth Control (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f303-birth-control/)
-   -   this happening to anyone else? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f303-birth-control/317924-happening-to-anyone-else.html)

Logan&Sierrasmama0609 September 24th, 2006 05:12 PM

I started my BC last month..after my period i stopped bleeding, and then started bleeding again like 2 days later and I bled for a month straight. Well this month I had my period and it ended like 3 days ago, and i stopped bleeding again. I just started my new pack of pills today, and i started bleeding again. Is this happening to anyone else? I am just so tired of this!! I dont know if I can do this for another 2 months!!!!!

Jenny

ShannonMVT September 24th, 2006 06:03 PM

I would definately ask your dr.
A few months ago, while taking my Alesse (a very low dose BCP), I missed a pill. I had never done this before. Well, I started spotting, but then it just never quit and went on for weeks! All because of one stupid pill!
Anyway, could it be because you missed a pill or took a pill very late?
That's the only thing I can think of.

Logan&Sierrasmama0609 September 24th, 2006 08:21 PM

I called my DR last week and she said to continue taking it, that it was normal to bleed for the first 3 months of taking it. No, I have never missed a pill, or took it late. This is my first time on BC, and I just had my son in June. So maybe this is why? I just hate bleeding !!!!!!

surfgirl September 25th, 2006 06:10 AM

I just recently started the low estrogen pill also, I'm about a week and a half into my second pack and I'm not liking it too much myself. On the first pack, I very slightly spotted about halfway through . . . then my "period" week came and after 4 days with no pills, I finally got a very small amount of brown spotting. This lasted not even a whole day, then went away again.

So a few days ago i started lightly bleeding and it's not stopping. I'm almost halfway through the pack, so this is annoying me. Also, my skin is breaking out, I'm getting mood swings here and there and I gained about 5 lbs. I'm also unhappy that you can still ovulate when you're on it.

I'm really thinking about just going back to withdrawal. Worked great for me in the past, so I just might have to resort back to that.

ShawnaCAN September 25th, 2006 07:37 AM

Quote:

I started my BC last month..after my period i stopped bleeding, and then started bleeding again like 2 days later and I bled for a month straight. Well this month I had my period and it ended like 3 days ago, and i stopped bleeding again. I just started my new pack of pills today, and i started bleeding again. Is this happening to anyone else? I am just so tired of this!! I dont know if I can do this for another 2 months!!!!!

Jenny[/b]

That would really stink. Reason #687 for staying away from the fake hormones...

queenofthecastle September 25th, 2006 05:44 PM

I guess that if she won't switch you then try this month and see if it gets any better. If not, then call her back and asked to be switched. I've used bcp's in the past and have never had breakthrough bleeding or an unregular period.

angie

Logan&Sierrasmama0609 September 26th, 2006 10:50 AM

Well that night I posted this, I started bleeding and then stopped again. I just hope it stays away!!

queenofthecastle September 27th, 2006 11:39 AM

I will keep my fingers crossed!!

Angie

celeste September 29th, 2006 11:48 AM

I've heard the first couple of months you bleed more than you are supposed to. When I was on the mini-pill and I bleed all the time. Spot for 3 days off for 3 then the exact thing over and over again. At 2 months before I got off of it I finally got regular. Now I'm late and messed up again and I'm fixing to start a whole new BCP and I know it will make me irregular again!! I can't wait to get normal again!!! What BC are you on?

Logan&Sierrasmama0609 September 29th, 2006 04:48 PM

So far..so good ladies. No bleeding since I posted this. WOOHOO!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I hope it stays away until AF. I am on Ortho Tri Cylen.