JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Birth Control (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f303-birth-control/)
-   -   BC method you hate (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f303-birth-control/449674-bc-method-you-hate.html)

queenofthecastle January 31st, 2007 06:25 PM

What bc method have you used that you didn't like using??

I hate using condoms. We don't use them unless I'm not on any bc. Thats only been a handfull of times though.

angie

~Jess~ January 31st, 2007 06:45 PM

I won't use:

~depo (bled for the entire 3 mos!)
~mini-pill (induced depression)
~condoms (why even bother having sex?)
~spemicide (I'm allergic)

I LOVE my Paragard IUD and my regular bcp.

jn97530 February 1st, 2007 08:21 PM

HATED Depo. I gained 25 pounds and became emotionally insane.
Not wild about pills either but that's because I can't ever remember to take them.

I'm hoping I like the IUD I get

ShawnaCAN February 1st, 2007 08:41 PM

They all sound pretty yucky. Three cheers for BC FREE with NFP! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Mommy2Amara&Kayori February 2nd, 2007 09:46 AM

I have hated everyone I have used except the patch, but I will not use that again either.

I hate
condoms
IUD
depo shot
pills

I am now using NFP I love it so far

zeus February 3rd, 2007 11:43 AM

BCP. They made my sex drive go way down. I just got off them a few weeks ago and I feel so much better. Now we are using condoms. I'm thinking about NFP too.

A couple of my friends have complained about the depo shot.

kaaryn February 3rd, 2007 04:33 PM

Hate condoms. I liked the pill until I learned how it really works and all of its health risks and side effects. PG right now, but after this I'm going to be trying some kind of NFP/FAM.

Olathe6 February 7th, 2007 12:53 PM

I hate condoms..exactlly...whats the point of having sex. They are irritating to me. I hated hated pills, no matter what kind they made me insane. And I got pregnant while taking them. I refuse to take anything with hormones in it however I do have the mirena IUD which has hormones. I am jsut not liking the fact that I dont get my period and I dont think thats natural at all.

zeus February 7th, 2007 03:26 PM

^ I was thinking of the mirena IUD but I don't like the idea of no periods either.

hardstairs. February 7th, 2007 10:59 PM

Whats DFP?
& kaaryn, you mentioned the health risks of the pill.
Which are you refering to?

ShawnaCAN February 8th, 2007 10:11 AM

Health risks - read the insert that comes with the prescription. Blood clots, heart attack, stroke, depression, weight gain, low libido, high blood pressure, increased risk for breast cancer, secondary infertility, etc.

Christines Mama January 25th, 2008 12:29 PM

I hate:

- Pills
- Condoms
- IUD
- Diaphragmn
- Spermicid

I am using rhytm method and love it.

Gaby&Emmy'sMama January 25th, 2008 11:13 PM

I hate using
- condoms
- combined & progesterone only pill
- any hormonal b/c

Sophias Mama February 14th, 2008 08:06 AM

I hate

- condoms

- pull out method

luvmyladybugs February 15th, 2008 01:55 PM

I have used condoms and the pill. I hate both. I will never take the pill again. I will still consider condoms if there is ever a need for extra protection. After this next baby is born, I'm planning on asking about Mirena IUD and Nuva Ring. I don't care if I have missed periods or not. I just want something that's extremely reliable and that either has no hormones or the lowest possible all while being very reliable.

mommy4micandella February 27th, 2008 07:22 PM

condoms-they hurt and irritate me, only time i have ever used them was when just going back on pill after birth

rhill4455 March 1st, 2008 12:27 PM

I hate Depo because I bleed a lot and ended up pregnant and had a m/c and gained like 30 lbs
I hate the BCP because It took away my sex drive and I ended up pregnant 2xs and had m/c both times. I quit taking the pill almost a year ago and I am still waiting for my fertility to kick back up.
I hate condoms because I feel there is no point in having sex with condoms.
NFP is what I plan on using once my fertility returns. I had my period for the first time on Feb 10 but I have yet to ovulate...heres to hoping.

mommey2B(again) March 10th, 2008 09:49 AM

I won't ever go on Depo shot or the mini pill ever again. Both causes major bleeding and cramping and I hate condoms so I won't use them.

~*Kel*~ March 12th, 2008 06:33 AM

Hey all! I am new to this board, but I will jump in.

I HATED depo it was horrible! Also the patch burned my skin, and condoms make be break out.

**moni March 14th, 2008 08:46 AM

I hate:

- Condoms

- the Pill

- IUD