JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Birth Moms (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f440-birth-moms/)
-   -   In laws? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f440-birth-moms/1609672-laws.html)

BoobyDutyAgainJen June 23rd, 2009 09:16 PM

In laws?

Those of you that are either married or in a serious relationship have you told the in laws about your birth child? I know several of you are married to the father of their birth child so in your case if you weren't would you tell them if they were not involved as grandparents?

How would you tell them?

amholb0 June 24th, 2009 08:29 AM

Re: In laws?

I don't know, they have always known. I didn't tell my dad until my daughter was 10 years old. He was in a really bad place at the time and it took me awhile to decide he would be okay with it.

BoobyDutyAgainJen June 25th, 2009 08:39 AM

Ryan's family does not know. We have been together for over 4 years now. I feel like they should know which is why I question it. It just never seems like the right time to tell them. However the other night we were watching a program on teen pregnancy and as of somewhere in the middle it had never mentioned adoption and I said something like "What about adoption. More people should consider adoption," etc. I felt like I should have just blurted it out but I couldn't. :closedeyes:

Claysgirl July 29th, 2009 01:22 PM

Yup. Clayton asked early on if he could tell his Mom about Rebecca, I said of course. She lives out of state and I hadn't met her yet, but when I did I talked about my daughter. His whole family knows. She is still a part of my life, and her pictures are everywhere, so they have to know. Plus it's a huge part of me, so if they really want to know me, they need to know it all.

szczepanski July 30th, 2009 06:57 AM

My MIL does not know. I'm not hiding it from her....its just kind of hard to explain. I haven't told her for selfish reasons, mostly because (like with most of the people in my family) when I mention something about how this pregnancy was going, I get "Well is that what happened last time?" and then I start thinking about everything last time.

I don't want that. This is MY first baby. This is MY first pregnancy. I get to fully enjoy and experience every little part of this pregnancy because this baby...this one is MINE. Its not going to someone else, its staying in my arms.

Its nice having someone I can talk to and ask questions and actually enjoy pregnancy with, that doesn't think "oh she has been through this before, why is she complaining?".

BoobyDutyAgainJen August 4th, 2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by szczepanski (Post 16771659)
My MIL does not know. I'm not hiding it from her....its just kind of hard to explain. I haven't told her for selfish reasons, mostly because (like with most of the people in my family) when I mention something about how this pregnancy was going, I get "Well is that what happened last time?" and then I start thinking about everything last time.

I don't want that. This is MY first baby. This is MY first pregnancy. I get to fully enjoy and experience every little part of this pregnancy because this baby...this one is MINE. Its not going to someone else, its staying in my arms.

Its nice having someone I can talk to and ask questions and actually enjoy pregnancy with, that doesn't think "oh she has been through this before, why is she complaining?".

Awww this brought tears to my eyes! That is EXACTLY how I felt when I was pregnant with Leila. It was so hard to explain to other people in the family why I didn't want to compare.

Congrats by the way!!!