JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Birth Moms (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f440-birth-moms/)
-   -   just a note to say thanks (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f440-birth-moms/1941743-just-note-to-say-thanks.html)

countryjewelsc April 13th, 2010 12:05 PM

just a note to say thanks

I hope I'm not out of place saying this, I mean only the best here. I want to say a HUGE thanks to all birth moms! I was adopted as an infant, my adoptive parents took me home from the hospital at 3 days old. It was a closed adoption, so to this day (21 years later) i still have no info on my birth mother, but before the adoption agency used closed down, we were able to send letters back and forth to my birth mother, in one letter she sent me, when i was around 3 years old, she said how much she missed me, but is glad i was able to have the life i do. She was very young and not in the right place in her life to raise a child. By her being so unselfish, I was able to be raised by an amazing, loving family. Now that I have a child of my own, I can't even imagine how hard it was for her to make that decision. I am sitting here crying right now just thinking about it. Anyway, i just wanted to offer a huge thank you!! You ladies have made so many families complete, it takes a very strong woman to be in your place.

BoobyDutyAgainJen April 13th, 2010 08:55 PM

Re: just a note to say thanks

Thanks! It is nice being recognized from the end that we hoped to do the best for most. Glad things worked out so well for you and your family!

Now I do have a question for you...do you feel like you would have preferred a closed or an open adoption?

countryjewelsc April 14th, 2010 06:31 AM

We had a closed adoption. We were allowed to send the letters back and forth, but no contact information was ever allowed, they were all signed 'The Birth Mother', 'The Adoptive Parents' and "The Adopted Daughter'. I went through a very tough time when I was around 14 and it was hard on me not knowing who she was, we spoke to the attorney about releasing the files but he said they couldn't do anything until i was 18, and pretty much talked me out of it. I still think about her, and what it woud be like knowing her, but I haven't tried to find her again lately. Anyway, i'm starting to ramble. To answer your question, I honestly don't know. I would probably have to say I would have prefered an open adoption, because now that I have a child of my own, it would be great to know family and medical history, and just more about her.

Claysgirl April 14th, 2010 07:59 AM

Thanks for your post! It's always nice as Birth Mom to hear kind words from anyone (because so many people see us in such a negative light) and especially from someone who was adopted!