JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Birth Moms (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f440-birth-moms/)
-   -   3 Facts About You! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f440-birth-moms/2117778-3-facts-about-you.html)

Claysgirl September 29th, 2010 08:23 AM

3 Facts About You!

We all share a lot about our adoption stories, but we don't seem to share a lot about who we are other then Birth Moms, or Adoptive Parents, or Adoptees (which by the way, I love that we have Adoptive Parents and Adoptees joining in on our board lately!)

So share 3 facts about you, that don't pertain to adoption!

1) I LOVE the color pink, but don't own any pink clothing!
2) I am a Jersey Girl, stuck in Colorado. It's beautiful here, but the food
sucks!
3) When I was a senior in High School I was on a culinary competition team,
we placed 1st in the Knowledge Bowl, and 2nd in the cooking
competition. To this day I LOVE to cook and experiment in the kitchen.

future_adoption_mommy September 29th, 2010 06:30 PM

Re: 3 Facts About You!

hope you don't mind if I jump in. :)

1. I love to read. When I was little and I would get a books and toys for my birthday or Christmas, I'd always sit down and read my books first. Christmas was a quiet affair at my house.

2. I love purple, and I can tell you right now, my daughters will own more purple clothes then pink.

3. I love scrapbooking and crafts, I'm hoping to start making cards soon to sell on Etsy or eBay.

Claysgirl September 30th, 2010 07:25 AM

Thanks for posting RJ, we never mind if you join in :)

I LOVE scrapbooking too....but I haven't even tried to scrapbook since Matthew was born, I just can't find the time! If you open up an Etsy store, be sure to share the link with me!

Kari_B October 4th, 2010 05:05 AM

Count me in! ;)

1. I have a passion for humane treatment of animals. Have been working for the local animal shelter for the last 8 years and love my job.

2. I grew up in Maui, HI... I miss it there every day!

3. When I was little, like around 5 years old, I told my mom I wanted to be a train conductor. That stuck for quite a few years, until I realized I wanted to be a mom instead.

Claysgirl October 6th, 2010 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kari_B (Post 21724886)

2. I grew up in Maui, HI... I miss it there every day!

WOW, I would miss that too!!

JMC1988 October 26th, 2010 12:21 AM

1. I am a sucker for anything Jane Austen. I :wub: her!
2. I LOVE to read torrid Harlequin romance novels! :lol:
3. I was born 2 months premature to a teenage mom and stayed in the NICU until I was 2 months old. I was born at a huge hospital in Atlanta, GA - Grady Memorial. I weighed 3 lbs 4 oz and was 21 inches long. It is a miracle that I am here today, with no defects, as Neonatal care was still very much advancing in the 80's. It has come a long way since I was born.

Claysgirl October 26th, 2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMC1988 (Post 21938412)
3. I was born 2 months premature to a teenage mom and stayed in the NICU until I was 2 months old. I was born at a huge hospital in Atlanta, GA - Grady Memorial. I weighed 3 lbs 4 oz and was 21 inches long. It is a miracle that I am here today, with no defects, as Neonatal care was still very much advancing in the 80's. It has come a long way since I was born.

WOW, what an amazing story! You were a fighter from the begining!

JMC1988 October 26th, 2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claysgirl (Post 21941733)
WOW, what an amazing story! You were a fighter from the begining!

Indeed, I was Katie! My mom always reminds me of that, when I am feeling in the dumps about things! :)

BoobyDutyAgainJen October 27th, 2010 08:11 PM

1. I want soooo badly for Ryan to come on already and propose to me.

2. I am DESPARATE to own a house!

3. I had my first chemistry set by the time I was 9 and a rather large rock collection. I was/am a bit of a science nerd lol. Oh and I knew tons of constellations and stars as a child too...I wanted to be an astronaut more than anything in the world!