JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f87-birth-stories/)
-   -   Ashlynn Ljiljana born March 2, 2010 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f87-birth-stories/1901442-ashlynn-ljiljana-born-march-2-2010-a.html)

fulloflove March 8th, 2010 11:15 AM

Ashlynn Ljiljana born March 2, 2010

The Birth of Ashlynn Lijlijana

I went to my 41 week appointment on Monday, March 1 2010. I was 2 centimeters dilated (had been for two weeks and the baby was still up high) At this point I was a week overdue and my doctor decided that it would be best to induce. I had no objection and so the date of March 2, 2010 was scheduled as her birth day.
I was to arrive at the hospital at 7 am to be admitted. I checked in, changed and was hooked up to the monitors by 8 am.

The nurse checked and I was at 3 centimeters. Next thing I knew, they where putting in my IV and running the pitocin..
before the pitocin took effect, measurable contractions where showing up.. but I wasn't feeling them. Next, the doctor came in and broke my water. They where definitely rushing things.
Now it is about 10 am, the pitocin is working and I can feel the contractions, they didn't hurt but where noticeable.

Nurse checked me and I was at 5 centimeters!! She asked me about my pain and I overestimated the amount in order to get my epidural in time.

Since I had dilated enough, the anesthesiologist was on his way. He got there quick and put it in right away.
Since I wasnt feeling much pain, getting the epidural was horrible. Andy took the epidural worse, he was looking queasy and was told to sit down and have some juice.
As soon as the meds where put in, I was checked and at 9 centimeters, couldn't feel a thing!!. The nurse said I shouldnt feel any pain until after delivery. At this point, I thought I was going to get away with an easy labor.
Next thing I know tits about 11 am and there are tons of people in the room, the bed is broken down, spotlights on and its time to push. The first few pushes came and went but I couldn't feel anything..

She sure was a stubborn thing, just did not want to come out. I think they should have waited until the baby had reached a lower station before having me push, she was only at station 2. . Her heart rate was dropping big time and they needed to put an internal monitor in me...things where getting hectic.. on came the oxygen mask and I continued to push with no success. The doctor was about to pull out the forceps and my mom was looking really worried. I think the epidural made me so calm that I was in a daze and didn't really catch what was happening. My mind was not focused at all. Me and the baby just could not work together with that epidural. When the doctor decided to turn it off, I was more than ready to get my feeling back. I was crying so hard, not out of pain, but out of frustration of not being able to push my baby out. Once the meds wore off I began pushing without being told and they allowed me to push for as long as I wanted when I wanted. I could feel her coming out and at that point the pain was a relief. I let out a few loud screams and gave it my all.. next thing I know my mom tells me to look down and I seen her gunky little head. it was the greatest moment ever. They let me pull her out onto my chest and I just held her and kissed her. Ashlynn was born at 12:35 pm, 6lbs 12.5 oz and 19.5 inches. My labor was a little under 3 hours and I pushed for an hour and a half.

It was such a beautiful experience and I feel blessed to have had such an easy labor that ended with the delivery of a perfectly healthy little girl.

ChicaChels March 8th, 2010 08:43 PM

Re: Ashlynn Ljiljana born March 2, 2010

congrats! she is beautiful!