JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   What is your way of de-stressing? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/1386524-what-your-way-de-stressing.html)

ToonTownGirl January 10th, 2009 08:29 AM

<span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS">Let's see if we can't get a list going of ways that we as women can do to de-stress ourselves. We know that we lead busy lives, and some of you have children of your own, plus step children. So what do you do to make time for yourself?</span></span>

<span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS">For me, I love to scrapbook and play sukoku!

Daisyfields January 10th, 2009 08:32 AM

Well... I love JM... it's one way, I am big on photography. I love to read, I love juicy gossip magazines like US weekly. I love watching dumb shows like Orange County Housewives (spoiled brats that they are). And taking drives is always nice. I also love to take a bath, but I never get to do that anymore. I used to do the candles & bubbles, I can't remember the last time I've done that. I do get my hair done every 9 weeks. I just did that last Thursday night. My salon treats me w/ wine & all sorts of goodies! :cloud9:

mommy-heather January 10th, 2009 02:07 PM

JM, myspace, taking a hot bath.

JustBecca January 10th, 2009 04:21 PM

Ok so I am the bad one here...I smoke. Sometimes I really feel like locking myself outside just to smoke in peace. Not that I smoke in the house but the kids can come and play outside and then I am not alone anymore. So that is a big de-stresser for me. And then I sew and quilt and crochet and all that fun crafty stuff. For the last 2 days I locked myself in my room and make a box out of plastic canvas and yarn because I was just sick of it all. I love my DH but he has been home since the week before Thanksgiving and I am just a little tired of him!

Daisyfields January 10th, 2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Ok so I am the bad one here...I smoke. Sometimes I really feel like locking myself outside just to smoke in peace. Not that I smoke in the house but the kids can come and play outside and then I am not alone anymore. So that is a big de-stresser for me. And then I sew and quilt and crochet and all that fun crafty stuff. For the last 2 days I locked myself in my room and make a box out of plastic canvas and yarn because I was just sick of it all. I love my DH but he has been home since the week before Thanksgiving and I am just a little tired of him![/b]

Hey, I used to smoke & I can totally relate to what you are saying. That was my excuse to leave the house & go outside & be ALONE. Sometimes I think about taking up smoking again just for that very reason, but for health & money, I don't. Otherwise, I'd be going down & buying a case of cigarettes right now girl.

JustBecca January 10th, 2009 04:54 PM

Kal quit but I didn't. I tried and I failed. O well.

Daisyfields January 10th, 2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Kal quit but I didn't. I tried and I failed. O well.[/b]
Never say it's too late. You didn't fail, you didn't want to really quit, there's a difference. I know for me, when I REALLY, I mean REALLY wanted to quit, I did it. But the times before, when I'd say "I'm quitting" & then a week later get a pack, I wasn't ready. YOU have to be ready. Not Kal, not everyone else...you. Right now it's your de-stressor, you just said that. If you took that away, you'd have nothing to get away & be alone & have something take away that "stress"...right? Now I am not telling you to smoke either but you know what I mean. Until you replace your existing habit w/ another that is healthier that is just as fulfilling, you wont want to quit. I know that, I had to have the same. It's when YOU and ONLY YOU are ready. Don't force something on yourself that you aren't wanting or ready for. And don't put yourself down for trying & "failing"... we all stumble every now & then. That's okay, that's why we have friends who kick us in the bum & tell us to get up. Right?

;)

You'll do it when you're ready. And when you are, we'll be here for you.

My2miracles January 12th, 2009 10:58 AM

Time for myself? What's that :D

Seriously with 2 young kids & a 40+ hour a week job, a house, a DH, a cat and a dog. There isn't a whole lot of me time.

I am going to join a gym though. The company I just started working for has 1 for $10 a month. I can afford that! And I can go on my lunch hour a couple of days a week. I hope it helps because I am sooooo stressed right now.

Other than that I do have a glass a wine.....

Daisyfields January 12th, 2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

I am going to join a gym though. The company I just started working for has 1 for $10 a month. I can afford that! And I can go on my lunch hour a couple of days a week. I hope it helps because I am sooooo stressed right now.

Other than that I do have a glass a wine.....[/b]
Gym & wine... can I join ya??? ;)

My2miracles January 13th, 2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Other than that I do have a glass a wine.....[/b]
Gym & wine... can I join ya??? ;)
[/b]
I never thought of putting them together but it sounds like a plan! I might actually be more motivated! :lol:

Daisyfields January 15th, 2009 06:22 AM

I went to CVS last night after my weekly therapy session. Oh, and Chiropractic adjustment. That was my ALONE time. lol.. sad eh?

cilla February 15th, 2009 12:05 PM

I read or watch tv in my room. I also am learning to crochet. Sometimes i take a hot bath but my 2 year old doesnt think i should be in the bathroom alone.

JustBecca February 15th, 2009 01:29 PM

I wish that I could take a bath. Our bathtub is so small that I would need to be like no more than 3 feet tall to be in there comfortably. I have tried 2 times and I was always in more pain when I got out then when I went in.