JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   A nice thing! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2105932-nice-thing.html)

Wisey September 16th, 2010 02:18 PM

A nice thing!

With all the complaining we do about Ex's and SC. Lets say something nice that they have done for us.

DSD a couple of weeks ago overheard me on the phone with my mom. My mom was calling me to let me know my grandmother was in the hospital and that she ould not be able to pick up my daughter the next day for me. I was left with out a babysitter for the day. She came to me while I was chatting with SO about it and, she said she would stay home and Watch S for me while I went to work. That was very sweet of her.

My ex is very flexible with the custody agreement with S. We can always change things up if I or he wants to do something special with her.

SO's ex voluntered to let the dogs out one day when we went on a beach trip for the day.

Rachel September 16th, 2010 03:41 PM

Re: A nice thing!

Great post! While my marriage to my ex wasn't great, our divorce was fantastic. We never really ever have issues with the visitation arrangement and even though my kids with him are grown and adults now, we still chat often and are friends. He confides in me, always has. We were friends first. We ruined it when we had kids and got married. :lol:

Will & Clayton are great! Will loves to help me in the kitchen and I can always count on him to cut the potatoes, which I hate doing. :lol:

Clayton is super helpful with Daniel. He's always willing to help him get his cereal or milk at breakfast and spends a lot of time playing with him.

queenofthecastle September 16th, 2010 06:04 PM

Without him, I wouldn't have my boys. :) Oh...you mean something else besides that?? Ok.

He doesn't complain or argues about how my DH and I raise the boys.

Angie

My2miracles September 17th, 2010 10:24 AM

My ex is out of the picture completely. And I have the most amazing dd!

I love my dsd (dh's youngest) - she is awesome just like her dad.

Since I can't say anything nice about Dh oldest or his ex - I won't say anything at all.

K.A.T September 17th, 2010 12:05 PM

I will only speak about my DSD because the rest are just useless if you ask me.

DSD had told me once that she knows that I lover her dearly because I treat her better than her own mom does.

Rachel September 17th, 2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.A.T (Post 21551822)
I will only speak about my DSD because the rest are just useless if you ask me.

DSD had told me once that she knows that I lover her dearly because I treat her better than her own mom does.

That's sad. Good for you, but sad for her.