JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Do you ever think the relationship with your or his ex can be repaired? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2109692-do-you-ever-think-relationship-your-his-ex-can-repaired.html)

Rachel September 20th, 2010 07:54 PM

Do you ever think the relationship with your or his ex can be repaired?

Or do you think it's beyond repair? I there anything the ex can do or say to fix things?

Arachne September 20th, 2010 08:22 PM

Re: Do you ever think the relationship with your or his ex can be repaired?

K.A.T September 21st, 2010 06:17 AM

Not with my ex, maybe with his. Once she learns to act like a responsible non selfish adult, then we can move forward. Until then, she can rot.

Daisyfields September 21st, 2010 08:31 AM

Yes, I do, but at this point, it's a matter of maturity. If I can get along w/ my ex & his wife & kids, then there are no reasons that I can't get along w/ my DH's ex-wife, however, she refuses to communicate w/ me, which is not something I desire. I've tried many times to reach out & she's just rejected me, at this point, I refuse to attempt anymore. If she tries one day to reach out, I will accept her w/ open arms & hopefully we can resolve things. Hopefully is the key factor. I can't make her act appropriately.

My2miracles September 21st, 2010 10:24 AM

It would take a lot with my ex. He'd have to be in active treatment for his mental illness and he'd have to acknowledge the damage that he did to both dd & me. He's 50 years old now and sadly I just don't see him changing.

Dh & his ex don't have a horrible relationship. He basically accepts everything she does/says. which annoys me but he's not the confrontational type. They're civil to each other so I guess that's all you can ask for.

Rachel September 22nd, 2010 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2miracles (Post 21588971)
Dh & his ex don't have a horrible relationship. He basically accepts everything she does/says. which annoys me but he's not the confrontational type. They're civil to each other so I guess that's all you can ask for.

Neely used to be that way with his ex too. Not too long after we started dating and he saw how my relationship was with my ex, he started to change his views. He initially believed that she had a right to deny him visitation if there was no court ordered child support in place. He was paying her voluntarily for 2 years and didn't see his kids except through the window when he dropped off money. He just went along with whatever she said and it drove me bonkers.

sweetiez September 27th, 2010 10:57 AM

no he will never change.... he has to many issues and denies them all.