JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   She won't tell us (or them) where she lives. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2149368-she-wont-tell-us-them-where-she-lives.html)

Rachel November 3rd, 2010 04:25 PM

She won't tell us (or them) where she lives.

I think I mentioned not too long ago that W&C's mom moved. She's pretty much just sleeping on someone's couch at the moment with all of her stuff in storage. She saw the kids on the 24th, but she hung out with them at the mall and that's where Neely picked them up. She's "supposed" to be getting a new place with the same person she's living with now, but a bigger place where she's on the lease and has her own room, but I'll believe that when I see it. I can't imagine with her rent history that anyone would give her a lease, but we'll see.

Anyway, Will made something for her and asked if he could mail it to his mom. I told him that she moved and I didn't know her new address, but when he talked to her this week he could ask her for it and then we would mail it. So he did and her response was "I'll give you my new address when I move in a few weeks." Seriously? Why can't he mail it to her now? He asked where she was living and she said "downtown Frederick".

Our court order doesn't require her to tell us where she lives, but you would think that she would tell her kid so he could mail her something he made for her, ya know?

Daisyfields November 4th, 2010 11:24 AM

Re: She won't tell us (or them) where she lives.

Maybe she doesn't have an place to have things mailed too? And I'm not saying there's an excuse but if she's "homeless"...maybe she doesn't feel comfortable asking the person that's allowing her to "sleep" on their couch if she can "also" have stuff mailed to their home? They probably only said "you can sleep here until..." but if she started to get mail there, it would be pushing the envelope? Again, doesn't make it better or right, she should do something more responsible but she might just not really have an option. She should really try to get a P.O. Box if she can afford one, but if she's crashing on a couch, I doubt she has that sort of $$$. I understand that must be frustrating though. She sounds unstable. That's a shame.

My2miracles November 4th, 2010 11:58 AM

That is so sad.

Rachel November 4th, 2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisyfields (Post 22031932)
Maybe she doesn't have an place to have things mailed too? And I'm not saying there's an excuse but if she's "homeless"...maybe she doesn't feel comfortable asking the person that's allowing her to "sleep" on their couch if she can "also" have stuff mailed to their home? They probably only said "you can sleep here until..." but if she started to get mail there, it would be pushing the envelope? Again, doesn't make it better or right, she should do something more responsible but she might just not really have an option. She should really try to get a P.O. Box if she can afford one, but if she's crashing on a couch, I doubt she has that sort of $$$. I understand that must be frustrating though. She sounds unstable. That's a shame.

Yeah, she's staying with the same person she's going to be living with. They are supposedly looking for a bigger place so she'll have her own room. I doubt they wouldn't allow her to get mail from her son.

My2miracles November 5th, 2010 11:21 AM

The only thing I can think of is that she's embarassed about where she's living...

Daisyfields November 5th, 2010 01:12 PM

That's another view Kris.