JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Blah! My ex husband... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2308006-blah-my-ex-husband.html)

Rachel April 20th, 2011 10:46 AM

Blah! My ex husband...

We're friends. We were friends before we got married and after our divorce and a little ugliness at first, we remained friends. We had a serious scare over the weekend with our son (he's 19), who was in a single car accident and flown to Maryland's Shock Trauma (world renowned shock trauma center). He's totally fine, but the hour drive to get there before I knew he was fine was torture. Oh and yeah the police officer knocking on my door at 4:30 in the morning was torture too.

Anyway, my ex is a Facebook friend and he's constantly (lately) posting these really depressing statuses. It's driving me crazy. I know our son is lucky to be alive, but he's alive. He's fine, walking, talking, breathing, totally normal, what's there to be depressed about? We should be rejoicing that we get to continue to have him. Thanking God every minute that it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Anyway, just wanted to vent a little.

Wisey April 20th, 2011 11:18 AM

Re: Blah! My ex husband...

Vent Vent away. I have a friend that is always posting the "trouble" she has in life. It got to the point I have blocked her status.

I am glad your son is ok and was not seriously injured.

Arachne April 20th, 2011 12:39 PM

Feel free to vent away! I'm so glad your son is okay! As far as your ex's posts... maybe he's in a bit of shock still? Maybe the situation really spooked him?

I know that I still have my days where I'm really upset, sad, depressed, etc over my son being born early and spending so long in the hospital. He's home. He's alive. He's happy. He's healthy. He's so on target for his actual age that I don't use his adjusted age. It went so much better than some of the outcomes in the situation... but it's still hard to kind of let go... kwim?

Maybe your ex is going through the same thing?

katiemama April 20th, 2011 07:30 PM

I'm sorry - negative folks bring me down too. Especially those who post often on FB - not just for support - but blatant attention a lot... Pet peeve of mine...

Is it feasible to hide him from your feed for a while and visit his page upon your leisure? That might help.

I'm sorry about your son. I'm glad he's okay...

K.A.T April 21st, 2011 06:22 AM

First I'm sorry your son was in an accident. Second I'm glad he's OK. Third man sorry the ex is being a debbie downer. Maybe he has some underlying depression and this just made it worse?

My2miracles April 22nd, 2011 08:47 AM

I'm so glad that your son is alright. That must have been so scary!

I get really annoyed at negative people too. My sister is one of those. Yes, her life isn't perfect but she has a lot of good in it. I just wish she'd spend more time focusing on that than the bad.