JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Needto vent. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2378181-needto-vent.html)

Doodlebug06 July 21st, 2011 07:59 PM

Needto vent.

K.A.T July 22nd, 2011 07:48 AM

Re: Needto vent.

Sweetie major hugs first of all. I understand the frustration. But he's obviously feeling like she needs extra attention when she's around. Just try to hang in there.

MindyRambo July 22nd, 2011 09:17 AM

I'm sorry you are dealing with this too, and I realize this is just a vent, but please, it sounds like you are a jealous of a child, who is probably dealing with a lot not living full time with her dad.

I doubt he intends to ignore you. He probably just wants to lavish as much attention on her as he can when she's around since you guys get him full time and she doesn't.

Best of luck

Doodlebug06 July 22nd, 2011 09:17 AM

K.A.T July 22nd, 2011 09:26 AM

Yeah I get that. DSD is an only with her mom too and expects all the attention to be doted on her. It's really just a take everything with a grain of salt type of situation. You feel in love with this man for a reason, so don't let the smalls things get in the way of your love for him. We can never force the non biological parents to care for our kids the way we care for them. I think if you look at yourself you can see what I'm talking about. Not saying that you don't care for your sd but that it's not the same level of caring that you have for your own bio kids. It's just a natural thing and if people were to say differently, don't buy it they're just trying to convince themselves. I've been a step mom for 9 years. I love dsd and have been in her life since the age of 3. But I cannot say I love her the way I love my own two kids. It's just different. And once you can accept that your husband probably feels the same way you do, it will get easier.

Doodlebug06 July 22nd, 2011 10:27 AM

Doodlebug06 July 22nd, 2011 10:37 AM

My2miracles July 22nd, 2011 10:47 AM

Oh she sounds like a champion manipulator! I can so related. My dh's oldest (notice I don't call her sd) is the queen of manipulation. It almost ruined my marriage with dh. Fortunately for me, he saw what was happening & we stood a united front. She didn't want to share him with me or my dd. And while I get that, it's just not reality.

You & your dh really need to get on the same page. I can't remember if anyone's asked this before or not but have you considered counseling? Also, it seems like bio mom gets what's going on. Do you think she could help?

twoboys July 27th, 2011 10:44 PM

I think your post was deleted before I could read.. but a vent always = :hug: