JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Hello! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2520443-hello.html)

stresswife April 29th, 2012 08:15 AM

Hello!

Hi!
My name is Samantha and I've been with my Husband for four years in June, we got married last September and together we have a 14 month old daughter Audrey.
DH has two kids from a previous relationship Ethan and Kayley, when we met his kids had just turned 1 and 3, (they have the same birthday) their mom caused A LOT of drama the first 3 years of our relationship, she moved around alot and took the kids 1200 miles away, she uses guilt a lot to get her way
The kids and I have had a rocky time the last two years, they have some behavorial issues,but We're getting them for the summer and I'm hoping we can have a good time this summer.
I'm nervous because Audrey was only a few months old the last we had them and now she's a toddler and is a big daddys girl and I'm hoping all the kids don't feel like they aren't getting enough of his attention.
DH works on an oil rig and is gone two weeks, then home two weeks so I take care of the kids by myself half the time and sometimes I just don't know how to handle them.
anyway thats the 411 on our family lol
Hope to get to know you all!

Rachel April 29th, 2012 07:48 PM

Re: Hello!

Welcome to the board! I'm Rachel. Neely and I have 6 between the two of us, plus a granddaughter. There's my two, Sarah (23), James (20), his two, William (13) and Clayton (11) and our two Daniel (6) and Keelan (9 months). We have full legal and physical custody of his boys since July 2009. Mom wants them back and we're in the middle of a custody case that goes to trial the end of August.

You'll love this board! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

K.A.T May 1st, 2012 01:11 PM

Welcome to the group. I'm Liz married to Kev. We each have a child (girls) from before. Mine is the oldest at soon to be 16, his is the middle teen at 13. We also have our son, 7, and I'm expecting our second son.

Keakie May 1st, 2012 02:32 PM

Welcome to the board! :) The ladies here are wonderful. :hug:

My2miracles May 2nd, 2012 10:31 AM

Welcome! I'm Kris. I have a not so blended family :). I have a dd (10) from a previous marriage the Dh adopted and we have a ds (6) together. Dh has 2 dds from his previous marriage who live 4 hours away from us with their bio mom. We have a minimal relationship with his youngest (13). We see her 3-4 times per year - dh's sees her a couple times more because he goes to see her. My kids & I have no relationship with his oldest (17) and haven't for about 5 years. Due to lies told by bm, she has opted out of being part of our family. Unfortunately, Dh has a strained relationship with her but at least it's a relationship. We're hoping that next year when she goes away to college (away from bio mom) that they will be able to have a better relationship.