JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Twofer Tuesday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2530198-twofer-tuesday.html)

K.A.T May 22nd, 2012 02:39 PM

Twofer Tuesday

What are two things you're looking forward to this upcoming labor memorial (DOH!) day weekend?

plan4fate May 22nd, 2012 07:21 PM

Re: Twofer Tuesday

ok.. to clarify. Are we talking about this weekend (Memorial Day)? Or actual Labour Day in Sept? lol.

This weekend I'm hoping to hear from the dr who ordered my blood work and hope he says "come in and i'll give you an rx for the meds so your thyroid stops trying to kill you". I haven't seen much for celebrations right in town.. which sucks since I'm not willing to take DH to work and drive in to Cincy to look for fun.

I plan on starting nesting, or working on getting pregnant for Labor day. LOL.

My2miracles May 23rd, 2012 10:47 AM

lol I always get those 2 mixed up too!

I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend. We've been so busy lately.

It's going to be in the 90's so I'm looking forward to getting our above ground pool up & filled.

K.A.T May 23rd, 2012 11:45 AM

whoops :giggle: Blame my pg brain. I was really stressed yesterday and noticed that hadn't made a new thread in a while. DOH! But yes, Memorial day is what I meant.

Keakie May 23rd, 2012 11:53 AM

:giggle: We don't have Memorial Day in Canada - the May long weekend is officially Victoria Day, but (at least where I'm from) most people call it May 2-4 instead, typically because it's the first weekend nice enough for people to go camping or to cottages for the weekend, and that often involves a lot of beer. ;) Dh tells me he's never heard it before, but in SW Ontario, the term "2-4" or "two-four" is a nickname for a 24 bottle case of beer. Also, the weekend usually falls close to the 24th of May. Hence, May 2-4 weekend.

SW Ontario lesson aside, we probably aren't doing much this weekend. I'm seriously bummed that the closest fireworks are 2 hours away from us, and the next best thing is a laser lights show that would cost is over $55.00 to go to between tickets and parking. Seriously, what does GA have against fireworks? :shrugs: :giggle:

That and dh has work this weekend, so we may not have much of a long weekend at all. If we're able to, we'd like to go get a cherry tomato plant. My dill did not survive our week away + the impromptu delayed watering system I crafted the morning we left. I'm happy that everything else did, but the dill just never came back, and now I need something to replace it. Other than that, we'll probably just hang out, do some grilling (we have a rack of ribs in the freezer :hungry:) and get some needed rest.

pmdc5286 May 23rd, 2012 03:46 PM

Keakie,

Have you thought of just going to Stone Mountain for just the laser show? They are doing a special exteneded fireworks show Fri-Mon for Memorial Day and to just go to the laser show you only have to pay for parking which is $10. We do that from time to time and picnic on the lawn.

Anyway this Friday is the last day I have to get up early to get the kids up for school. Robert got out last Thurs and the other two get out Fri! Now if Jonah has to work, and I don't have anything on the schedule, he can take the van and I can sleep in! This weekend is also a big cookout at my cousins and everyone will have a good time there too.

Keakie May 23rd, 2012 03:53 PM

That's the place that wanted $50 for us to be able to go. I read that the tickets were something like $22 per person and then, of course, the $10 parking fee. Does that not apply to the laser show, too?

Rachel May 23rd, 2012 04:01 PM

So far we have no plans. Will and Clayton will be with their mom til Monday.

pmdc5286 May 24th, 2012 03:48 AM

Keakie,

Stone Mtn does not charge for the Laser Show outside of parking. If you want to ride the train, skylift, or do any of the activities at the crossroads area, there is a charge, but the Laser Show is free and is a pretty good show.

Keakie May 24th, 2012 06:39 AM

Oh, I see. Well thanks! :) It's still a bit of a drive for us and with dh being on call it may not be doable this weekend, but that's really good to know!

Wisey May 24th, 2012 07:58 AM

A whole lot of nothing! This is the first weekend in a while where I have had nothing to do!

P will be working a side job saturday, but I plan to get some much needed house work done!

Also S birthday was last weekend and I need to find more room for her presents!