JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Problems with Will again this morning (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2560921-problems-will-again-morning.html)

Rachel August 13th, 2012 12:58 PM

Problems with Will again this morning

He spent the night with a friend and he came home around 8:30 this morning. He immediately went into Clayton & Daniel's room and woke them up, before I had a chance to stop him. Then he started picking with Daniel, saying things that he knew upset him. I told him to stop being a jerk to his brother and not more than 5 minutes later, Clayton told me that he told Daniel that he was going to choke him to death and it would be a slow, quiet death and no one would know.

I was/am furious. Since then, I've been calling around to various behavioral health places to try to have him seen this week. I can't believe he would think that would be OK to say. He's gotten in trouble for saying something similar in the past (at school), so I just can't fathom how his 7 year old brother could make him that angry.

Anyway, I'm not really afraid that he would hurt him because he's never been violent. He likes to run his mouth, but rarely acts on it.

I was talking to Clayton (I took him and Daniel out to lunch and left Will at home with James) and he said that he really doesn't like Will much cause he's jerk so often (his words). And Daniel chimed in with "I don't like him at all!" I just think that's really really sad.

My2miracles August 13th, 2012 01:01 PM

Re: Problems with Will again this morning

So sad for everyone involved. I hope you can get him in to see someone this week!

K.A.T August 13th, 2012 01:57 PM

Oh man I would be livid. I hope you can get him seen asap. He might be all talk now, but one day he might act and that's not good. So sad that his brothers feel that way about him.

Keakie August 13th, 2012 02:12 PM

:( We're way too familiar with those kinds of statements (although in our case, there HAS been real violence on several occasions so maybe our lens is a little different). Part of what is/has always been so concerning for us is the level of intensity and detail that sometimes gets used. It just feels *different* than when, say, my 11 yo dsd gets mad at another sibling. It's just so... intense for a child so young, over such trivial things.

It IS sad to have a sibling say that they don't like or are afraid of another regardless. I'm sorry, Rachel. I hope you can get him in ASAP!

Stepmom2Be August 13th, 2012 04:26 PM

Is it just the week for this? O taight his moms roommates 3 year old what suicide was last week.

Sigh. I hope you can get in to talk to somebody. That's def not good.

Wisey August 14th, 2012 05:30 AM

Oh no I am sooo sorry you are dealing with this. I hope you can get him seen this week!

plan4fate August 14th, 2012 06:31 AM

I'm curious to know what went on at the friends house. It sounds like they watched/read something very inappropriate for their age!

I hope you're able to get him in to be seen! Poor Daniel and Clayton, it has to suck to not like your brother at the moment because they're a jerk to you all the time.

ShesaDreamer August 14th, 2012 07:26 AM

:( we have dealt with this from K before. But with him it was his mom egging him on and making him think that if he acted out really bad that we would send him to live with her. He's finally realized that it's not gonna happen and while he will still lie about things I can always tell when he is lying so he gets caught.

Rachel August 14th, 2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShesaDreamer (Post 26400389)
:( we have dealt with this from K before. But with him it was his mom egging him on and making him think that if he acted out really bad that we would send him to live with her. He's finally realized that it's not gonna happen and while he will still lie about things I can always tell when he is lying so he gets caught.

I sometimes wonder if that's not what's going on in Will's head. He has a very odd relationship with his mom.

Anyway, I was up against some serious road blocks getting him into a therapist. Every place I called had a wait list of at least 4 weeks, some longer. But one place I wasn't able to get through to yesterday called back today and I was able to get him an appointment next Friday.

I told Will about it and he complained. I don't get it. He was all for counseling when his mom suggested it, but the minute we're on board with it and it's a bad thing.

Keakie August 14th, 2012 11:11 AM

:hug: I'm glad you found someone who can get him in soon! I hope it helps.

w292737 August 15th, 2012 07:51 AM

:hug:

I'm sure with everything with his mom, and his age it's a bad combo :(

Ember Rose August 15th, 2012 10:38 AM

I like that he's being seen soon not that he's resistant. Honestly....IF he were seeing friends and all they'd be coming to our house. There's something rotten in Denmark and the trash needs to go out.

mom2more August 16th, 2012 09:25 AM

So his mom suggested counseling before and he wanted to go. You didn't go for it and now he is acting in a way that will make you send him to counseling? Hmmm....could this be a plot between him and his mom to help with her custody wants?

Rachel August 16th, 2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2more
So his mom suggested counseling before and he wanted to go. You didn't go for it and now he is acting in a way that will make you send him to counseling? Hmmm....could this be a plot between him and his mom to help with her custody wants?

Don't know. He says he doesn't want to go so I'm not really sure. I think part of the reason he wanted to go before was because his mom tried to pull him out of class for it and when he was seeing the school counseler it was also during class so that might have been part of why he didn't mind. I can't see how it would help her case.

.Katie. August 16th, 2012 08:42 PM

It never ends does it? I hope he knocks that crap off soon. That wouldn't fly in our house either.