JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Birthday plans (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2572146-birthday-plans.html)

Ember Rose September 11th, 2012 01:46 PM

Birthday plans

Ok so M's birthday is February and R's is in March. Since the baby, D coming home, moving into our house AND R's birthday can happen all in the same month we're talking her out to a nice dinner at a time that works out for everyone and giving her a lump sum of cash. (She'll be 14, teenagers love cash.)

M's birthday is the issue. I was planning on throwing him a birthday party at a church hall or something. Neutral location (M's mom doesn't want to go to either of her parents and her sister doesn't want to go to their mom's either because she punched M's cousin because him and M were arguing like 4 and 6 year olds often do.) Then I figured that would be a rough thing to set up from here in VA and that it's likely a good deal of his school friends wouldn't come anyway due to not knowing me and I'm not sure his family up there would help because it's not their thing. So then I thought take him and his cousin to Chuck E. Cheese. The closest one is an hour away. I'm....I'm struggling. I'm frustrated by life in general and I just want to do something other than send gifts that they'll give him after his birthday or not be clear about them being from his daddy since his daddy can't see him for his birthday.

Rachel September 11th, 2012 03:33 PM

Re: Birthday plans

I would just do something special for him. Take him out to dinner, buy him a few presents that he picks out or something that you know he'll love. I definitely wouldn't send gifts in the mail.

I hope you can figure something out and get all the kinks worked out!

Ember Rose September 11th, 2012 05:06 PM

I just wanted to DO something you know? I feel like a failure.

stucklikeglue September 11th, 2012 10:27 PM

You're not a failure :) you can still take him out as you were saying. Do you not want to drive the hour away for chuck e. Cheeses? I bet a 7year old would love that! See if he wants to invite two friends and get their phone # and speak with the parents directly. If all else fails his favorite place for dinner is a great idea!

.Katie. September 12th, 2012 12:22 AM

You can still do something! Don't feel like a failure. How about tickets to a sports game he and dh can go to? You can give him the tickets for his birthday and take him out to eat!

K.A.T September 12th, 2012 11:24 AM

You're not a failure. Just figure out something that can be done and do it. :hug:

Ember Rose September 12th, 2012 11:30 AM

Him and DH like to drive. Maybe I can get him go kart tickets for when DH gets home?

Is an hour too far to drive with him to Chuck E. Cheese? Honestly?

My2miracles September 12th, 2012 12:33 PM

2 minutes is to far for me to drive to Chuck E Cheese :lol:

If you make a day of it, I think that's a find drive. Ds & I go to a car museum on his birthday every year. We started when he was 3 & he's now 6. He LOVES it.

So think out of the box. Maybe there's something you dss likes to do that is closer to home.

Ember Rose September 12th, 2012 01:38 PM

He lives on hill across a gravel road from a holler. There might be playplaces nearby but the ones I know of are all outside and his birthday is the beginning of February.

Rachel September 12th, 2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ember Rose (Post 26521956)
Him and DH like to drive. Maybe I can get him go kart tickets for when DH gets home?

Is an hour too far to drive with him to Chuck E. Cheese? Honestly?

No, definitely not. Where we live, everything cool is an hour or more away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2miracles (Post 26522234)
2 minutes is to far for me to drive to Chuck E Cheese :lol:

:giggle: