JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Heart problems (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2573373-heart-problems.html)

Rachel September 14th, 2012 11:40 AM

Heart problems

Clayton was on the phone with his mom yesterday. We sometimes monitor phone calls but yesterday I only caught Clayton's side of the conversation. He was telling his mom about all the running he does in gym. I'm sure he made it sound like more than it really is, but I could hear his mom ask him if he told his gym teacher about his heart problem.

I was like :huh: and then :rolleyes: and :angry:

Clayton was in the NICU when he was born because he had trouble with breathing. His lungs were slightly premature. He came home with an apnea monitor, but not a heart monitor, though his mom insists that's what it was. There is NOTHING wrong with his heart, never has been. Neely tried to tell her that it was his lungs when Clayton was born, but she just kept going on and on about it so he mostly ignored her.

So all of a sudden, after 11 years, we should be worried about his heart and he shouldn't run in gym.

Clayton told her that he didn't know if his gym teacher knew about it and probably not because "dad and Rachel deny that I have an issue." So you wanna know what she tells him? She tells him to have his gym teacher call her and she'd explain it to him.

First of all, she is the non-custodial parent. The school can't discuss anything with her without Neely's consent. If she calls the school and wants to get or give information, they can't talk to her without first calling Neely. Second of all, yet again, she's undermining Neely's authority and trying to go around him to get something she wants. Thirdly, Clayton is fine. He's always been fine. He's the most active kid I know and she used to tell us that she thought he'd be great at Parkour because he's always moving and moving fast. If he had heart trouble, why would she have encouraged that?

She's ridiculous. And the level of crazy is off the freaking charts, folks.

My2miracles September 14th, 2012 11:56 AM

Re: Heart problems

Wow she's got munchhausen by proxy or something! It's like she wants him to be sick. That's just all kinds of wrong.

stucklikeglue September 14th, 2012 12:10 PM

Lol ^^ sounds like it. Crazy!!!!

Rachel September 14th, 2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2miracles (Post 26531011)
Wow she's got munchhausen by proxy or something! It's like she wants him to be sick. That's just all kinds of wrong.

I swear she does.

When I first met Neely, he told me that Will had diabetes. She told him that Will had been diagnosed with diabetes and that's why he couldn't have visitation with him because he needed to take some kind of class to learn how to care for a child with diabetes. He thought it for months. She also duped him out of thousands of dollars telling him that his medication and testing supplies weren't covered by insurance. I was with him 3 or 4 times when he dropped money off at her house and he ended up with only $20 or $30 to see him over till his next pay check. Dude was living on ramen.

About 8 months later we found out it was all a lie. Not sure what her motivation was besides the money, but it was total BS.

Ember Rose September 14th, 2012 01:07 PM

She thrives on the attention she gets from having a sick child. :( What a hose bag.

K.A.T September 14th, 2012 03:44 PM

What an attention W! I'm gonna ditto Kris here, that chick got some serious issues.

.Katie. September 14th, 2012 03:54 PM

Oh GOSH.

She's one of those Munchausen Syndrome mothers isn't she?

plan4fate September 14th, 2012 04:20 PM

Oh my word!

You may wish to warn the school that she might be calling. She may get ballsy enough to have her new husband call and say he is Neeley.

You may also want to sit down with Clayton and his NICU records to show him what he was treated for. I know a few mothers who do this type of thing to their kids, and the kids will forever believe it until they end up with their medical records and see that their mother/parent was lying.

stresswife September 15th, 2012 06:21 AM

wow! what a whack job!

Keakie September 15th, 2012 11:01 AM

The crazy, it hurts my head. Oy.

mom2more September 15th, 2012 07:12 PM

All I can say is she is crazy!! Who really wants their kid to tell people they have a medical condition that they do not have? Geez!!

w292737 September 20th, 2012 12:41 PM

oh my word :rolleyes:

pickle0313 September 20th, 2012 03:23 PM

That BM makes my freaking head spin Rachel. Not sure how you deal with that on the regular.