JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Marriage counselor. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2590554-marriage-counselor.html)

Doodlebug06 October 31st, 2012 09:29 AM

Marriage counselor.

I've found one. And she has about 30 years of experience. Has 5 adopted children and one bio child. She's been married 44 years. She asked for some background and I've given her a glimpse of what's going on and how our family dynamic is. She said she can work with us both together and separately. And she has a sliding scale fee and flexible hours. No way for dh to work out of it!

I called him today after she called and asked when he would want to go. He's open for it so I'm trying to schedule for Saturday.

She also doesn't cut you off at 1 hour. Her sessions go as long as she feels they need to and she still only charges the one fee per session. This should be interesting. => I'm kind of excited and kind of nervous. This could be a way to start a better relationship or it could be the nail in the coffin. =\

mommy_to_nico October 31st, 2012 10:12 AM

Re: Marriage counselor.

hope everything works out for you all

My2miracles October 31st, 2012 10:37 AM

YAY!!!!!!

.Katie. October 31st, 2012 11:08 AM

Good luck!!! This is wonderful! I hope she can be the eye opener for you guys and you can start working towards the happy life you want!

Rachel October 31st, 2012 11:35 AM

Good luck! I hope it works out in a good way!

Ember Rose October 31st, 2012 12:04 PM

Be it the nail in the coffin or the first step to healing it's a step forward and that's never a bad thing.

plan4fate October 31st, 2012 12:18 PM

I hope it starts to bring some light to the things that need to be addressed from both sides.

w292737 October 31st, 2012 02:45 PM

I'm glad you guys are going!

mom2more October 31st, 2012 04:11 PM

I hope it helps you! Sometimes an impartial perspective can help people see the light :)

Keakie October 31st, 2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ember Rose (Post 26717037)
Be it the nail in the coffin or the first step to healing it's a step forward and that's never a bad thing.

This.

Good for you both for going. I really hope that things work out for the best, whatever that looks like. :hug:

K.A.T October 31st, 2012 10:06 PM

I'm so glad you found one that can work with you so easily. May this be the first ste in the right direction.