JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   My poor Dani! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2592680-my-poor-dani.html)

pmdc5286 November 6th, 2012 02:09 PM

My poor Dani!

Today I kept Dani home from school because there was an outdoor field trip and it is raining here and her teacher said they were going Rain or Shine and Dani gets Upper Respiratory Infections very easy so I thought it was best to keep her home with me instead of sending her to school.

At lunch she was eating a cup of noodles (instant lunch type thing) which had just come out of the microwave. She turned to get her drink and knocked the cup off the table. The cup spilled on her foot, which had a sock on it. It burned her poor little foot and ankle really bad. Instant blisters came up by the time we got the sock off and put cool water on it. She screamed in pain!!!!!!!

Her foot got the silver sheen of a severe burn so I took her to the Emergency Room about 5 minutes after it happened. My baby girl screamed in pain the entire ride. She has portions of her foot with deep 2nd degree burns. It is wrapped and has to be changed twice a day and rechecked by our doctor Thursday to see if it needs debreeding.

I feel so bad. I kept her home from school to keep her from getting sick, so she gets burned!!! I should have just sent her to school! Right now she is curled up in my bed in Jonah's spot and won't let me get out of her sight. My baby girl has never cried like this!

plan4fate November 6th, 2012 03:17 PM

Re: My poor Dani!

oh poor Dani!!!
I hope she feels better and starts to heal very soon.

Keakie November 6th, 2012 03:59 PM

Oh, poor baby! :( I hope she feels better! Burns are the worst.

Stepmom2Be November 6th, 2012 08:24 PM

Oh no! Poor kiddo! I hope she heals up quick! :(

stucklikeglue November 6th, 2012 08:36 PM

Hope she heals quickly!!

Rachel November 7th, 2012 05:49 AM

Oh no! Poor baby!

Ember Rose November 7th, 2012 06:00 AM

Ow ow ow! Burns are the worst!

Wisey November 7th, 2012 03:56 PM

How is Dani today? Hope it heals quickly!

K.A.T November 7th, 2012 07:55 PM

Oh no poor baby. I hope it heals fast.

pmdc5286 November 8th, 2012 10:13 AM

We went to the Dr today. She said it is healing good with no signs of infection. She did have to remove some of the dead skin. Dani was NOT happy about that! Thankfully we had given her some of her pain meds before we left because it was time to clean it.

She just looks so pitiful. All she can really do is sit around.

I feel so bad. I was trying to keep her safe and from getting sick and she gets burned and I have to torture her twice a day with cleaning it!