JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Now we need to run discipline past them? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2596624-now-we-need-to-run-discipline-past-them.html)

mom2more November 18th, 2012 05:44 AM

Now we need to run discipline past them?

This is getting ridiculous already! Grrrrr....

So my sd has been grounded. As part of her punishment she had no cell phone privileges. We can go online and set things up so she can't make or receive any calls from anyone but the people on our family plan. We did this so she can have her phone to contact us in emergencies because she is in activities at school, but so we can make sure she isn't using it to call/text friends while grounded from it.

Yesterday my step kids grandma texted me and asked if something was wrong with sd's phone. So I responded and told her. Then she texted back that I could have let her and her daughter know they couldn't get a hold of the kids!

OMG...way to be dramatic. We have a house phone and they have my cell phone number and my husbands. We are not going to contact them now each time the kids get in trouble!

But I responded with saying that even though sd is grounded from her cell they are always free to call our house phone to talk to the kids. She texted back and said thanks, but it would have been nice to know why her calls and texts were not going through on sd's phone and that bm should know about these things. Hubby told me not to respond to that text because it doesn't deserve it. So I didn't.

I have about had it with this new attitude from the grandma though. Before bm moved in with her parents they were nice to hubby and I. Now that their daughter lives there they all think that they have a right to tell us what to do and give us attitude constantly. Its driving me crazy! Their daughter was off living her own life for nearly 8 years and not concerned with her kids at all. Now that she has made a few phone calls and sent birthday gifts we are supposed to give her daily updates on the kids or what?
Its annoying already and hubby says if they keep it up he is going to give them a piece of his mind.

I'm about to tell these people to go fly a kite! Just because their daughter has developed an interest in the kids since moving in with them doesn't mean we need to change the way we live our lives. We are not running everything past her all of a sudden.

<end of vent>

Rachel November 18th, 2012 08:03 AM

Re: Now we need to run discipline past them?

I'm beginning to think that it's BM texting from Grandma's phone and not grandma, if this is a new attitude that she's taken. What with the birthday text and now this, it sounds like BM is using her mom's phone.

plan4fate November 18th, 2012 08:52 AM

I would have to agree with Rachel.

Ember Rose November 18th, 2012 09:34 AM

Rachel has a point.

The punishment wouldn't work for our situation with R but it's a different situation.

mom2more November 18th, 2012 11:03 AM

I had not thought of that possibility Rachel. Not sure if it could be BM? Maybe I should start waiting a long time to respond to text messages and then say something like "I just saw your text from a few hours ago....." Then if it is BM grandma will see that and be like huh? I never sent a text...

Ember Rose November 18th, 2012 12:24 PM

You could try calling her and saying you called her because of the text. It's a little more direct and if it is BM you get to the bottom of it quicker.