JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Yet another one (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2600848-yet-another-one.html)

Stepmom2Be November 30th, 2012 03:55 PM

Yet another one

I'm generally a nice person. So when I was driving home from work and saw the street that O's mom lives on was completed barricaded off by numerous cops, I texted her, told her I saw the street was blocked, and asked if everything was okay. She texted back that she wasn't home and she hoped all was okay.

I get home, do a little computer research, and find out it's this.

Five bottles of nitric acid found at a mobile home park in Glendale; causing hazmat situation

I texted her and told her what I found out and she texted back "What the?!" And I said, "I know. One man was already hospitalized, you might not want to go back there tonight."

"Um. I live there."

Like really? Like I don't know that?! I said, "I am aware, but the news said it's all blocked off. Just trying to help."

"Thank you. But I have a car full of groceries, a son to feed dinner, and plenty to do there."

so I texted her back and said, "I apologize if my text came off as me telling you what is and isnt safe. I know you are perfectly capable of deciding that for you and O. I moreso meant the whole street is blocked off, you might not be able to get through. Hope you guys can get through. See you tomorrow."

Isn't that crazy though?! Nitric Acid! Scary

Ember Rose November 30th, 2012 09:07 PM

Re: Yet another one

It must be exhausting to always be on edge like that.

I wonder if they bought it or made it. (It being the nitric acid.)

Stepmom2Be November 30th, 2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ember Rose (Post 26824425)
It must be exhausting to always be on edge like that.

I wonder if they bought it or made it. (It being the nitric acid.)

It said something about 5 bottles being found in a dumpster. So I'm not sure. But like I've said before, it's not a good area, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was made.

She texted back and apologized for coming off irritated. I said no problem, I'm sure we've both had a long week and she probably just wanted to relax and didn't need the stress. So all is well, but that's just crazy. Just last week a strip mall like 2 blocks down from the trailer park burnt down.

Fire damages 14 businesses at Glendale strip mall

My2miracles December 1st, 2012 07:28 AM

Perhaps you need to step back a little. I know you were trying to help but I can see how it would come off as intrusive to her. She's an adult. She's made some bad decisions in the past but she needs the room to be able to make good decisions on her own.

Stepmom2Be December 1st, 2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2miracles (Post 26825241)
Perhaps you need to step back a little. I know you were trying to help but I can see how it would come off as intrusive to her. She's an adult. She's made some bad decisions in the past but she needs the room to be able to make good decisions on her own.

Yeah i know. When she said she wasnt there I really was just trying to tell her it might still be blocked off. It looked pretty bad.

I already told Eric I'm going to try my best not to speak with her unless needed. This whole soccer thing kind of made us "friends." But I don't really want to be friends with Eric's ex. It's good to be friendly for O's sake. But there's a line and I need to stay on my side.

Sometimes I try to help too much, and I did acknowledge I may have come off as "I know better than you do whats safe"

K.A.T December 1st, 2012 05:08 PM

If something like that arises again, maybe it's best to tread carefully if you feel the need to talk to her about it. I.E. Hey I just heard xyz is/has happened. Is everything OK how are you guys doing? Make it about her and him and she may be more receptive about it. If you come across as your just inquiring about what really happened and care about both of their well beings, she'll open up more and might think twice about how she will handle things. Just my two cents.

w292737 December 4th, 2012 07:53 AM

I think it's great you guys can be friendly. You might not need to be friends, but friendly is great!

in this case, I agree with KAT I would have probably been a little more liek. holy crap I just saw that news, is that by you guys? are you okay? and less like. you really shouldn't go home. I know I would have been the same way as her and said it's my home I live there, of course I"m going to go (because even if blocked off she can probably get info on when she can return and all that)

Stepmom2Be December 4th, 2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.A.T (Post 26826834)
If something like that arises again, maybe it's best to tread carefully if you feel the need to talk to her about it. I.E. Hey I just heard xyz is/has happened. Is everything OK how are you guys doing? Make it about her and him and she may be more receptive about it. If you come across as your just inquiring about what really happened and care about both of their well beings, she'll open up more and might think twice about how she will handle things. Just my two cents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by w292737 (Post 26835956)
I think it's great you guys can be friendly. You might not need to be friends, but friendly is great!

in this case, I agree with KAT I would have probably been a little more liek. holy crap I just saw that news, is that by you guys? are you okay? and less like. you really shouldn't go home. I know I would have been the same way as her and said it's my home I live there, of course I"m going to go (because even if blocked off she can probably get info on when she can return and all that)

Yeah I know. you guys are right. I realized I went about it the wrong way and apologized. Luckily there was no drama that lingered from it or anything. All is well, lol