JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   Long story short (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2616725-long-story-short.html)

Stepmom2Be January 20th, 2013 07:55 PM

Long story short

This is the 3rd week in a row that she has called Eric yelling and screaming. And tonight O heard her AGAIN and walked into her room and told her to stop yelling at Eric WHILE she was on the phone with him.

She accused him of bad mouthing her to him. Because again, O claims that his mom said she can take better care of him then we can. And that we are trying to take him away from her. And that we blame her for his teeth.

She screamed at him for 15 minutes and then hung up on him.

Our next step is probably going to be a harassment suit that says she can not keep doing this to him. I can easily get one with what we have documented.

Also, when she showed up to pick him up, her eyes were RED and bloodshot. And she looked hungover.

Just a waiting game now I suppose....

I hate that she keeps doing this to him.

stucklikeglue January 21st, 2013 01:50 PM

Re: Long story short

that's crazy. you definitely have to do something before it gets any worse

Rachel January 21st, 2013 04:12 PM

((hugs)) document, document, document!

Wisey January 22nd, 2013 02:30 AM

Ditto to what Rachel said! Document everything!!!

Stepmom2Be January 22nd, 2013 08:37 AM

Its become a habit to press record on my phone whenever he talks about his mom. im so disgusted by her.

w292737 January 23rd, 2013 08:26 AM

I hope it all works out.

if she yells, Eric could just say, I"m not going to listen to you when you are like this, and end the conversation.

Stepmom2Be January 23rd, 2013 06:45 PM

We try that and then she switches to crying and talking all sweet.

I think any communication needs to be handled via email at this point, personally.

IF O's parents cannot be civil toward each other (Eric and I can,) then they should not communicate verbally to avoid the chance of O hearing, yet again

K.A.T January 23rd, 2013 08:14 PM

Poor O! :hug:

w292737 February 1st, 2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stepmom2Be (Post 27007730)
We try that and then she switches to crying and talking all sweet.

I think any communication needs to be handled via email at this point, personally.

IF O's parents cannot be civil toward each other (Eric and I can,) then they should not communicate verbally to avoid the chance of O hearing, yet again

I'd not give her that chance. just say, ifyou will talk this way the converation is over, and hang up. end of story. I've had to do it before, in the moment it's like whoa did I jsut hang up, but really you are only protecting yourself. and if you are recording phone calls as you've stated then you have protection to show why you did hang up.

Stepmom2Be February 1st, 2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w292737 (Post 27042067)
I'd not give her that chance. just say, ifyou will talk this way the converation is over, and hang up. end of story. I've had to do it before, in the moment it's like whoa did I jsut hang up, but really you are only protecting yourself. and if you are recording phone calls as you've stated then you have protection to show why you did hang up.

I only record when O says he's going to tell me something about his mom.

Phone calls, I haven't been able to find an app that works with our phones. Still looking.

The next time she tries to call Eric and fight with him, (My prediction is Sunday at 6:25 pm as soon as she gets home from picking him up,) then he's simply going to say "My son is in that house, I refuse to fight with you and allow him the chance to overhear us fighting once again. Email me if you need to speak with me."

CJRPete February 5th, 2013 06:47 PM

Yeah not sure a harassment suit is necessary per se.
When I was a stepmommy to be to two children by different moms of my ex, this happened, and it was because the kids were playing the parents off each other, especially his daughter, since she knew her mom hated that I was around.

Stepmom2Be February 6th, 2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJRPete (Post 27058972)
Yeah not sure a harassment suit is necessary per se.
When I was a stepmommy to be to two children by different moms of my ex, this happened, and it was because the kids were playing the parents off each other, especially his daughter, since she knew her mom hated that I was around.

O doesn't play us off each other. She is the one causing issues with us. We keep O out of it in our house at least.

We havent had drama since a week from yesterday though! YAY!

Older-Mom February 27th, 2013 12:01 PM

This happens all the time with my husband and his ex. He simply tells her he will not discuss it when he know J is around. He had to have it court ordered that all exchanges and phone conversations would be civil. Does she do this, NO? But this is why we are seeking full custody. It is contempt of court.. There are many more other things that she has done that are even worse. She told J, who is 7 that his father and I blamed him for my m/c. The list goes on, and on, and on...