JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Blended Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/)
-   -   LOL (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f65-blended-families/2621264-lol.html)

mom2more February 2nd, 2013 10:48 AM

LOL

Bm's mother messaged me a few minutes ago. It said " _____(bm) was so happy she got to spend time with the kids last weekend and is really looking forward to seeing them again this summer. Please let us know when they get out of school and when they go back so we can get their tickets to come out"

I'm debating on what to message back! Hubby is at a game with ss right now, so I have to wait till they get back to get his input.

Seriously thinking about saying "ummm...not sure what she told you, but after her phone call to you she went to sleep and slept till 9pm. Then she woke up to bring the kids home without even feeding them dinner....they were pretty disappointed at having to sit on the floor of a hotel room and watch tv by themselves while bm slept the whole time. As for this summer, after we get their activity dates organized we will let you know what free time they have and we can figure out travel plans, it won't be until spring (as we mentioned before) because of sd's sports tryouts"

Or maybe we should just text them the part about the visit with bm and then say that if bm is interested in the kids coming out there she can call us to make arrangements. Wish we could just get the grandparents out of the middle. They are starting to annoy us!

plan4fate February 2nd, 2013 01:59 PM

Re: LOL

ugh.

The minute L tries to put her parents between her decisions and DH, is the day DH files for custody. Lucky you, you already have it. LOL

mom2more February 3rd, 2013 07:33 AM

Its just annoying! They want to pretend that the past never happened and everyone should be so grateful she has a sudden interest in the kids.......they don't seem to realize that her interest is only to please them. When they are not watching she could care less about the kids.

I know some are going to bash me for saying that, but its true. When they aren't around or telling her to, she doesn't try to contact the kids. She only calls them when she is with her parents. She has sd's cell # and doesn't text her or call her on her own.

They were obviously an afterthought or she would have made plans to see them well in advance when she was coming out here...instead of calling last minute when she was already driving out here. Don't tell me she didn't know until she got into the car she was driving across the country! She had to have known at least a day before leaving. And I don't care how tired she was from her drive, she had a few hours to see her kids and should have made the most of them. I would have taken caffeine pills or drank energy drinks if it meant seeing my kids if I was in her position.

Im just sick of her and her parents. They are pushing a fake relationship that is going to collapse as soon as she moves out of their house. How do I know this? 8 years of experience! We have been down this road many times. I just don't have benefit of the doubt left in me for her.

stresswife February 3rd, 2013 09:33 AM

Oh yes, I would tell them EXACTLY what happened, not that BM hasn't fed them a bunch of bull already but at least show them WHY you don't have any faith left in her.

plan4fate February 3rd, 2013 01:15 PM

Yeah i'd have your DH tell them exactly what the kids said happened. Enough BS at this point, time to be brutally honest.

Wisey February 3rd, 2013 04:05 PM

I would tell them exactly what happened. Something needs to open their eyes.

Keakie February 4th, 2013 04:37 PM

Yeah, normally I would advise against getting involved with visitation details if the kids aren't in danger, but this is getting a little out of hand. If her parents want to support her, that's fantastic, but they need to be made aware of what's really going on.

stucklikeglue February 5th, 2013 08:26 PM

I agree with the other ladies!

SSGMama February 6th, 2013 11:32 AM

I would say "is she going to sleep through summer visitation too? Shoudl I be concerned that they will sit on the floor for four hours while she naps and come home hungry?" LOL

mom2more February 6th, 2013 07:18 PM

We texted grandma back. Told her about her daughter's "visit" with the kids and how disappointed they were about it. Told her that if her daughter would like to arrange visitation she can contact us because we have some serious concerns.